1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Furman power conditioner/tuner

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rexspangle, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Hey I hope this is the right place to post this???

Anyways I am considering ordering a furman power conditioner/tuner for a Christmas present for myself.

What I am wondering is how well does it work with bass? I heard the low B is tough to pick up (I only have a 4 string though)

I am also wondering this: you know how cheap tuners have a bass/guitar switch, this one doesn't have one so does that cause any problems since it is labelled as a "instrument tuner"? I know it has 7 octave range and all that but just wondering if it works very well with bass?

Also (last question)

You know how sometimes different tuner brands notes are a little off. For example if I tune on a furman tuner and the guitarist tunes on a korg tuner sometimes it is not consistant. And we could sound/be out of tune.

Any help thanx

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    When I was playing a rack I took a hard look at the Furman because it would have saved me a rack space. The tuner worked ok. It struggled with my B a bit but would tune it up. It worked as well as the Sabine tuner that was using before.

I never compared it to another tuner. All tuners should tune to 440. but I believe you when you say you have experienced some sloppy tolerances.

The reason I didn't get it is because it was so small. Why have a rack tuner the size of a pocket tuner? I would have had to have walked up right beside the rack to tune. Which can be awkward at a gig. I would save my pennies and get a nice korg that you can use from 40 feet away. Get the footswitch so everyone in the house doesn't have to listen to you tune.

3. you must be a sales person cause you just convinced me too go with a korg. thanx :)