Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Furman Power Conditioner with the voltmeter lights out?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Snakeman, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Snakeman

Snakeman

Apr 27, 2004
    I have the Furman Power Conditioner and the voltmeter lights are not lit anymore, but it still appears to be operating fine. Is there a fuse or something that could be out or is this puppy shot and I need another one to protect the goods?

Thanks in advance,

Boa

2. It might just be a bulb inside.. Sometimes it's not even a bad bulb, but just a bad connection at the bulb..
    How comfortable are you with opening it up?

Mag...

3. Snakeman

Snakeman

Apr 27, 2004
    Mag,

I don't mind opening her up, it looks pretty straightforward unless I find a host of craziness inside. I should look to see if the bulb inside is blown first then check the connection to the bulb second? Anything I should be aware of before I open her up?:meh:

Thanks for helping me out bro!

4. Well.. besides voiding any warranty that the unit has, there shouldn't be any (oops, what did I do?) problems by opening it up. I've opened up many prosound pieces of equipment and they never had parts and pieces fly apart while doing so.

There might be a simple plug-in bulb, or it's even possible that the bulb might be soldered onto a pcb board. I don't know. If it were me, I'd pull the cover, find the bulb. If it is a plug-in type, I'd pull it out and look at it. If it didn't look blown, I'd check the socket connection for any type of corrosion. I'd try wiggling the bulb around, and power the unit up to see if it starting working.
    Whatever type of light source, it's more probable that it's the bulb that's bad rather than the circuit..

Good luck..
    Mag...