1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuse Cap

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ding_man, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ding_man

ding_man

Dec 24, 2006
    Celina, OH
    I have a SWR Workingman 15. Some how the fuse cap fell off. How that happened I won't know. The store I brought it to wants to put in a whole new fuse thing instead of getting a new cap which will cost a lot and seems silly. Is there anyway you can get a new cap for it a way you can get one that fits? I've been looking around for phone numbers but I can't seem to find any. Anyone wanna shed some light on this?

2. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Not really sure but I could see it being harder and maybe even more expensive to get just the cap.

These kind of things come as a kind of kit. Holder and cap. Probably more bother trying to split that pack and then be left with half.

Dont quote me on any of that but the cap from a fuse holder in a machine at work broke and we just had to replace the whole thing as we couldnt get the cap alone.

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
  4. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Mar 20, 2004
    Fife, Scotland
    Worth a try but remember that a lot of manufacturers use different threads and sizes. May end up having to replace the whole thing in the end. I hope not but even if you do, it should be a simple enough job.

5. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    There are probably a zillion styles of fuse holder and cap, all incompatible.