1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fuse monopoly

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by remainthesame, Nov 4, 2012.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

Sep 24, 2008
    fuses went on my amp so i went to the manufacturers website to buy the part (couldnt find it anywhere else, probably just how they wanted it) they had a 10 minimum for delivery, so buying the two fuses i needed at 2.60 a pop wouldnt cut it. i bought two more and figured at least ill have a back up. so then when i go to put in my information i see that i have to pay an additional 20 for shipping. THE SHIPPING IS TWICE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT WHICH I ALSO HAD TO BUY TWICE THE AMOUNT I NEEDED. :spit: am i the only one here who thinks this is rediculous? i mean think about it, i should have spent 5.20 and i end up paying 6 times that. god bless america :bag:

2. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Did you try Digikey or Mouser? I highly doubt that they made their own fuse....

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    The good new is:
    Chances are, your local radio shat (shack) store will have the corect replacement fuses for just a couple bucks.

But the bad news is:
    Your amp very likely has a short/problem that may continue blowing those fuses until its repaired.

4. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    It's a ridiculous way to buy fuses, yes.

5. hodgy

hodgy

May 5, 2004
    Bothell, WA
    Tech Support- Ampeg/ Mackie
    A big +1 on this.

6. wilfredes

wilfredes

Oct 11, 2012
    That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Agreed - also, those type of fuses can also be found at a Home Depot, Lowes, etc...

- georgestrings

8. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Show the fuse- why is it so special that you needed to go to the manufacturer?

You can google the numbers on a fuse and find info about it.