1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuse on Hartke 2200 Pro 2x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanookofnj, Oct 21, 2010.

1. nanookofnj

nanookofnj

Oct 21, 2010
    Sorry. Had this post in the Bass/setup folder by mistake.

Hello and thanks in advance for any help.

Had my 2x12 2200 Pro die at the end of an outdoor gig this past Sunday. Cab is 300W @ 4ohms. I run a GK 800RB into it.

When I removed the jack plate last night, there's a green circuit board attached to the jack plate housing the 1/4 input, Speakon input, and a tweeter toggle switch. The board has some 'transistors' on it and what looks like a small fuse or tube. The filament in this fuse appears to be separated. All the speaker wires are secure.
    [​IMG]

Guessing that fuse break is preventing the cab from working. Dilemma is how do I replace that since all the wires, transistors, and this fuse are cemented in place with a heavy yellow wax like material, I am guessing to avoid separation from vibrations. Fuse appears to be soldered at each end to board.

Cannot find schematics for this cabinet and there's nothing in the manual that came with it mentioning that fuse. Any idea what kind of fuse this is? Do you think I can replace it or will I need a new board?

Thanks again.

2. This is the HARTKE 2200 right?

Larry Hartke himself reads this forum and usually supplies his email address and even his cell phone# and I'm sure he'll be able to help you out.

Here's his profile:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/member.php?u=164980

Check out his posts and you'll likely find his contact info easily enough. Give him a call or email and you should be good from there :)

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    As far as I can tell that's a tweeter protection bulb. If it blows only the tweeter is affected. Replacements are available at speakerhardware.com, they are soldered.

4. nanookofnj

nanookofnj

Oct 21, 2010
    Thanks Stingray5!

Got a call from Larry Hartke today after lunch. Put me in touch with his tech and all is right with the world.

Gotta say in all my years I've never experienced customer service like that. Good stuff.

5. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    When it happened, did the whole cabinet quit working or just the tweeter? I have one of these cabinets and was just wondering. I love Hartke...largely because of the great service of Larry Hartke.

6. nanookofnj

nanookofnj

Oct 21, 2010
    It was the whole cabinet. To be honest, I never run the horn/tweeter as I don't like the highs it produces. But to answer your question, it was the 12's that stopped functioning.

I played thru a 'home-made' 15" Eminence cab that I built years ago for practices at a show we had on Saturday night and on top of noticibly more low end which I expected, the total volume of my rig seemed to be A LOT louder then when I would use the 2x12. I didn't need to push my GK as much to be where I normally am in the mix.

In talking to Larry's tech on Firday, he asked that I test the 12's by holding a 9V to each to see if they move. If they're dead he's sending replacements, if they work he said he'd send a new jack plate and circuit. Going to try that this week.
    Hoping it's not the speakers.

Amazing customer service though. Unlike anything I've ever experienced.

7. Bivwack

Bivwack

Aug 5, 2012
    I see this thread is a couple years old, but I'm in the same situation. My Hartke 2200 (2x12) cab died during sound check, and I see that there is a fuse with a broken filament.

Do you know the part # of the replacement fuse?

8. As the OP was advised above: give Larry a call.