Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fuse woes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by squeennyzim, Feb 12, 2003.

1. squeennyzim

squeennyzim

Feb 3, 2003
    ok, so i get my brand new carvin pb200, 160watts and everything. i am a happy camper.

i'm playing, and i put the bass down and it hits the metal part of a chair and suddenly the thing dies. reading through the manual, i see the fuse section, and check the fuse. sure enough, it's fried. i replace it with the included replacement fuse, and turn it on, only to have it kill itself again. i went to radio shack, got some new fuses, made sure they were the same kind, and put em back in and bam, they fry too. any help? i just got the amp and i would hate to have to have it serviced.

thanks

2. Well...you may hate to have your new amp serviced, but guess what...your gonna have to ge your new amp serviced. I wish you luck!!

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yessir you definately need to get it checked. If it keeps blowing the fuses then there's a short or some kind of conflicting contact going on. Trust me man, I have had some problems similar to this that has cost me serious money. Get it checked quick fast and in a hurry by a certified tech. It sucks bad cuz it's a new rig I know...I had a rig my very first day fry on me. I've been there.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Hang on a sec. When you say "new amp", do you mean Brand New? or just new to you?

If it's brand new I'd take it back to where I bought it and make it their problem. New amps shouldn't do that.