fuse woes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by squeennyzim, Feb 12, 2003.

1. squeennyzim

Feb 3, 2003
    ok, so i get my brand new carvin pb200, 160watts and everything. i am a happy camper.

i'm playing, and i put the bass down and it hits the metal part of a chair and suddenly the thing dies. reading through the manual, i see the fuse section, and check the fuse. sure enough, it's fried. i replace it with the included replacement fuse, and turn it on, only to have it kill itself again. i went to radio shack, got some new fuses, made sure they were the same kind, and put em back in and bam, they fry too. any help? i just got the amp and i would hate to have to have it serviced.

2. Well...you may hate to have your new amp serviced, but guess what...your gonna have to ge your new amp serviced. I wish you luck!!
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Yessir you definately need to get it checked. If it keeps blowing the fuses then there's a short or some kind of conflicting contact going on. Trust me man, I have had some problems similar to this that has cost me serious money. Get it checked quick fast and in a hurry by a certified tech. It sucks bad cuz it's a new rig I know...I had a rig my very first day fry on me. I've been there.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Hang on a sec. When you say "new amp", do you mean Brand New? or just new to you?

If it's brand new I'd take it back to where I bought it and make it their problem. New amps shouldn't do that.