Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Futurama- Back on the air

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Jan 15, 2003.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Whew. Now all I need is Family Guy back in syndication and I can die a happy man.

For those that care, you can already pre-order the first season of Futurama on DVD. The release date is March.

And rumor has it that the Family Guy DVD set will be released in April, but I have heard similar rumors in the past, to no avail. We shall see.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yes! Just watched Futurama on Cartoon Network! I'm glad Adult Swim is more than one night a week now!

3. My fingers are really crossed for a family guy DVD. That would be beyond awsome, out into the regions of sweetness, if I say so myself...which I did.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah family guy was so funny. I miss it.

brad cook

5. Ditto.

Best. Show. Ever.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Futurama used to be cool. Now it's almost too soppy. Still got some good moments, though.

Family Guy was insanely funny. How they can let it go and keep King of the Hill is beyond me.

I'd love to see the PJ's again. that was pretty funny too.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One of my favorite "edgy" scenes from The Family Guy:

The toy company is playing the novelty company in a softball game. Two guys are out in the field talking...one from the toy company and one from the novelty company.

novelty guy: Wanna piece of gum?
    toy guy: Sure! (takes gum and chews it up)
    novelty guy: Haha! That's joke gum! Now you're addicted to heroin!
    toy guy: (suddenly gets pale and thin with dark rings around his eyes and starts shivering)

That's great! :D

brad cook

8. why are dvds so slow coming out in the US?

the futurama DVD and simpsons 1st and 2nd season have been available here in iceland for 2 years (futurama for 1 year), and that's with commentary from Matt and the gang..

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Yeah - I was just gonna say. I know someone who's had the Futurama season 1 DVD for ages.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I know, you'd think that an American show that was debuted in the American market would go on DVD sooner here. I've never understood that. If I had a DVD player that could play region 2 or 5 or whatever DVDs, I would already have mine. :D As it is, I am preordering the Futurama one this week.

BTW- Did anyone ever see the Family Guy that never made it to air? My friend downloaded it from somewhere or other, and I didn't find it as offensive as perhaps some others. Must have the the topic, I guess. :confused:

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That region coding thing is annoying ain't it? I've been looking for Jaco's instructional video on DVD in the UK... can't find it.