Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Future Cab for my New Rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by streamerstii, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Hey there,
    I've been looking for a cab to go with my new rig, it'll be a sansamp rbi preamp going into a QSC RMX 850 power amp. I play fusion, jazz, heavy metal, alternative rock, funk, pop, basically everything you can name, i guess i want a cab that can tackle many styles of music. My choices are:

Ampeg SVT-610hlf
    Aguilar GS-410, GS-212
    SWR Goliath III
    Eden WT-410T, WT-212XLT

Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    -Ryan :bassist:

2. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Those are some good choices man. It lies in the head too... But I have an Ampeg PR-410hlf, and it rocks. I hear the SVT-610 and the SVT-810's are just beasts. I would go with Ampeg.
    The SWR Goliath 3 is built pretty good too. And I hear awsome things about Eden.

3. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    For versatilities sake, the 2x12 would cover all the bases. But all of those cabs are good choices.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, actually a 2x10 would be just fine... But if you get something else it would be cool too.

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Out of your choices, I like the SWR 410.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I play alot of different music as you do. So far, my Eden 410XLT has yet to let me down for any of those situations. I always come up with the tone, and sound I need. I am still impressed at how well it keeps up.

I have never played any cab from Aguilar, so I can't comment on which is better. Ampeg is tough to pass on, but I thought the Eden I went with sounded clearer for some styles.

I have never been a fan of SWR, so my opinion is biased there, and I will keep it to myself.

-Mike