1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Future Impact Patch sharing thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by maisbass, Jan 13, 2016.

1. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Attention all you Syntha-maniacs. I have officially closed my Dropbox/Google Patch Share for Future Impact patches.All of the old patches have been moved to the new Patch Share link courtesy of @Quatschmacher which resides on the Panda midi website. Here is the link...

Patch sharing for the FI is now here:
    Future Impact Program Database – Share your FI Programs around the World!

Enjoy and Happy Synthing! :)

Also: If you have questions about the new Firmware (FI Ver 3) and wish our very own @Quatschmacher who assisted with the development of V3 to help you out, it would be best to post your questions in the main thread so they aren't missed:

The active thread for discussing FI-related topics is here:
    Future Impact now available!! WAS: deep impact reissue!!! interested?

This way all of the info is in one place for everyone to benefit from and to make it easier for @Quatschmacher as well who was kind enough to use his unpaid free time to help develop a fantastic product for all of us to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2019
  2. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Subbed.

3. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Thanks Mike, in for the patch sharing/learning!

maisbass and BartmanPDX like this.
  4. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    The original thread will be reopened soon (today). No one emailed me about it, or I would've said so. Just to save you guys the time of copying and pasting. Thanks.

5. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Yeah sorry about that. I saw that @Thor posted that he was closing the thread so I emailed him.

So the original thread will be open soon but the consensus seems to still keep this thread as well. We can use this thread for patch sharing.

I would still recommend perusing the original thread as well. There is a wealth of info there. Here is the link:

Future Impact now available!! WAS: deep impact reissue!!! interested?

Adamixoye likes this.
  6. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    No worries at all. I get you wanted to keep the conversation going. :)

7. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    :thumbsup:

smperry likes this.
  8. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    I uploaded a patch to the share that is basically the original DI program1 patch. All I did was layer more waveforms and blended in some direct signal to fatten it up.

Basehead and bassvirtuoso like this.
  9. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    :thumbsup:

bassvirtuoso likes this.
  10. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    I'm glad this got started back up. I was missing reading about the sound programming, and new patches being added.

Thanks

Farrin D and bassvirtuoso like this.
  11. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass

Nov 6, 2008
    Boulder CO
    Just to clarify, am I suppose to see parameters in the editor snap when I toggle through presets on the FI hardware?

12. Not that I'm aware of

13. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    No. I asked @lokki about this. This has not been implemented.

I agree though it would be nice to have. BUT........

But to play Devils advocate I've also found myself comparing patches on the pedal with the patch I'm working on in the editor. This wouldn't be possible if the parameters changed in the editor as you switch programs on the pedal.

So pick your poison!

14. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    Just downloaded some patches, @gastric's sounds are sick!!!! :)

bassvirtuoso likes this.
  15. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Didn't even realize that about the editor not reading presets. I guess basically my MIDI Designer editor has basically the same functionality.

My FI jumped to MIDI Omni mode last night. I'm not sure if it's due to an unintentional glitch MIDI command that was sent in my setup or a bug in the FI. I would love to know if this happens to anyone else.

16. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    Yeah he is excellent at creating synth patches. Check his web page. Nice!

17. maisbass

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    I honestly never noticed. I have my midi on my computer set to omni.

18. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I have a pretty complex setup where I need those channels to be right. I imagine a lot of people will be using it in Omni mode.

19. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    Great observation. Since we have two-way MIDI communication with the FI it would be an excellent *option* to be able to read the pedal's current settings. Though I personally wouldn't want it to do this automatically all of the time.

Assuming the Mac editor allows channel selection I'll set mine to CH1 tonight and see if it ever jumps back to Omni. I don't have my FI in an actual pedalboard setting at this time, just using MIDI for editor. So I've left it on Omni right now.

Thanks for the kind review. :) Make sure to check out everyone elses, too. More importantly, make sure to share yours. We all want more patches, too. :)

20. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    So, in the other thread it was mentioned my Chromeo patch being difficult to retrigger at the Chromeo recording speed, but with the default Patch 01 retriggering perfectly. I havenn't personally tried this yet, but I did quickly peek at the two patch settings to see if I could visually see any obvious differences. From what I recall they are:

* Four VCO vs One VCO
    * Modern Freq vs Vintage Freq
    * Slightly longer VCF Decay vs slightly longer VCF Decay though I believe Vintage Freq automatically has a shorter VCF Decay using the same Decay value so this could be a key data point

Otherwise my patch didn't seem to have anything drastically different or unusual. Would love to discover what patch settings might negatively affect triggering so we can make sure not to use those on patches that require fast triggering. Pet Shop Boys "West End Girls" has a wayyyyyyy slower pace of notes than that Chromeo song.

bassvirtuoso likes this.