1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

future of wireless systems?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JGT, Feb 29, 2008.

1. JGT

JGT

Aug 1, 2007
    I read something, I though it was on here but I can't find anything. Google returns results for Guitar Hero wireless guitars.

Anyways I read something about the range wireless systems use was sold? Is that true?

If I buy a wireless now will I regret it soon?

Thanks.

(and I had no idea what section to put this in, so hopefully this is right)

2. There's been a number of articles around on this (not on this fourm that I know of, but generally speaking) and from what I've gathered, if you stay out of the 700 mhz and get somwthing that is frequency agile, you might stand a good chance of having a funtional unit. I personally think that frequency agility is the key (and always has been) to insuring that your wireless will work in almost any market. It's not likel that their gong to "fill up" any given 100mhz band the day after the shut down analog V transmissions in Feb 2009. This link has some good information and a comment from a manufacturer or two below it.

http://www.fredmckinnon.com/myblog/2008/02/28/shure-sets-the-wireless-record-straight/

3. interesting...!

4. jimc

jimc

Sep 17, 2002
    New Carsmell, CA
  5. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i have the X2 xdr95 rack mount version

its amazing, 300 ft range, no interference, all digital.

so aweosme,

6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Just for future reference, wireless threads belong in the Misc forum.

Moved.

7. Wonder if they'll start making use of newer technologies for wireless units at any time.

With things like blue tooth becoming more previlent etc (although, blue tooth might be a bad example as i think it sends in burts)