Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Future Schroeder Owners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CanadianBass48, Aug 25, 2005.

1. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Ya, I don't know about you guys but I am really impressed with the reviews that the Schroeder amps have been getting. I hope to join those happy owners. I am going to be saving my money and the next cab I get it is going to be either the 410 or the 21012. Us college students are poor as hell, unless your parents pay for your edu. I am coming for you my schroeder cab! That is my wish list for the Schoeder. Thank you Jorg for this beautiful cab that lightens so many hearts. :)

2. 2 weeks and counting til my 1210 arrives... this cab better be as good as I've heard. I'm selling my Acme to get it. I'm sick of riding the limiter on an 1800 watt power amp.

Is ther eanyone out there who is bridging a lot of power into a 1210 or 1212? Is it safe to send that much power into it, or should I run my QSC in mono, which is 600w at 4 ohms?

3. Machete-I'm running a QSC PLX 2402 bridged into an Avatar 212 and its been great so far.....and some day I too will be bridging my power amp into a Schroeder!!!!!! I'm sure the cab will be fine. Congrats on the Cab!!! Can you tell I'm jealous???

4. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I've got a 1212 4space Airhead on order, should be shipping soon....can't freakin' wait to check it out :hyper:

Jorg said they had tested a 1210 and 1212 with a bridged Stewart 2.1 and they both handled the power (2100watts@4ohms) well. But that's definately on the high end of advised power. The 1210 is 850wtts RMS, the 1212 is 1000wtts RMS, but from what I've heard, here and from Jorg, they both produce a great tone with less power as well. I'm going to use my svt-4 (1200@4ohms) for now, and save for a better power amp.

Waiting sucks.

5. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    It's safe to bridge, but you won't ever need the juice. In terms of volume, this cabinet is the exact opposite of Acme.

6. +10000

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You sure won't need it. You'll be told to turn down even before reaching 9 or 10 AM - with an efficiency rating of 102 dBs, even that's quite loud.

8. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have a 310212 on order with Jorg right now. I am so excited! I can't wait! I'm going to be using a QSC PLX 3002 bridged into it (specs say 3000 watts at 4 ohms) we'll see how loud this baby can get! :bassist:

9. CaptainWally

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Out of curiosity, what are you doing to DO with that thing? Do you play stadiums or something??? :)

10. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I am buiying a 1210 and I will use the bridged output on my PV900 poweramp to power it. It should be plenty loud for the stuff I'm doing lately.

11. Masher88

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm in a loud punk band with 3 guitarists and also a metal band with 2 marshall stacks on either side of me. Both with heavy hitting drummers. Yeah, I need volume...lots of it. I've been playing bass for about 15 years and the only rig that can keep up is an 8x10 Ampeg...until Schroeder!!!! I think it's crazy that I keep reading a lot of you are using a 2x10" amp or a combo amp to play shows with. Then I kinda figured out that most people on this forum (with some exceptions) don't play at the volume levels that we do. Just goes to show you that what's good in your world may not be useful in someone elses. ;)

12. CaptainWally

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Hope you're using serious ear protection! :eek:

13. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    :eek: Do you guys run your amps that loud because you don't mic your instruments through your PA, or is your stage volume THAT loud even with the support of your FOH system?

14. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I use a PLX3002 to power a 1210 & 1212 off of each side. It's 900 watts at 4ohms.......seems just right :bassist:

15. Masher88

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Most of the clubs around here we play have very limited PA support. We almost never get anything as far as stage monitoring. Usually, it's just the audience that gets to hear the PA. We've played a lot of clubs that just have a vocal PA...nothing for the instruments. Maybe it's just my world and the places we've played (from Baltimore to Tampa, to LA) but alot of the sound guys are pretty lazy. Yes, I wear ear plugs (and yes they are good ones...not foam cheapies). Stage volume is very important to us, cuz otherwise I'd never hear the guitar player on the other side because the monitors are either non existent or he's just not coming out of them. You can ask to be turned up in the monitors all night long, but it does no good. Sometimes the sound guy just sets a level, then goes to the bar! I've been in touring bands for the past 10 years now and it's always the same. We've found it's just better to take matters into our own hands! :D

16. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I use 400 of my toobey goodness watts, and don't have the master above 1-2 and gain above 5-7 :p haha

17. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

just got my 1212 airhead this weekend. So far I've just been playing in my studio with an Ampeg SVT4 head. I must say, I'm shocked at how clear, punchy, and powerful that little cabinet is. It soaked up the 1200watts of my svt4 with no problem. This week I'll be running a comparison side by side with my Aguilar 212 and Ampeg SVT-410hlf, just out of curiosity.

One note...the SVT4 head doesn't fit in the airhead rack. The chasis on that Ampeg is just too big. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting a reheasal/gig in with the 1212.

18. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Kinda defeats the purpose of having a tube amp, eh? ;)

19. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    anyone use a 1212 or 1210 with a GK 1001RB-II? is it worthwhile to have such a combination? (i'm asking because the GK is rated at 700W@4ohm i think).

20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    only if you are a guitarist :meh:

some of us like the clean, clear, three dimensional tone of a high wattage tube head. I thought your Sunn sounded great at bedroom levels... was pretty useless to me for bass against a drummer. Now if I was playing guitar or ran it along with an other bass amp in a biamp type setting it would KILL.