Fuzz addict club! If you don't like it fuzz off!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmusic17, Sep 1, 2014.

1. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My that new temp controlled Benson looks awesome.

2. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Right! I was looking at Benson.

cosmicevan likes this.
  3. Evil_Druid

Evil_Druid

May 9, 2016
    San Diego
    I’m real interested in the yellow hybrid tone bender, but I’m building a clone of it because I can’t afford a macari pedal
    Reuss Electricity Fuzz is in that wheelhouse too

4. cusar5

cusar5

Feb 17, 2008
    Planet Iommia
    After going back and forth for a while, I don’t think the Megalith sounds much like a Big Muff. It’s pretty much in its own crazy territory, and I dunno if it’s going to be a keeper in the long run. Titan, on the other hand, has grown on me, and for my taste, might be right up there with the Bluebeard.

5. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Amazing for a two knob fuzz

cusar5 likes this.
  6. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Look who joined the crew.
    Time to plug in and see what this is buzz is all about :)
    1ED72168-F362-48D8-A147-4612E872E4A4.jpeg

saltydude, Matt Dean, Iommian and 6 others like this.
  7. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    So far, so good. The box of war isn’t shockingly surprising, since the sound is a known quantity. It sounds good to my ears. The tone knob has quite the range. Overall, I’m happy with the purchase.

So far I’ve played my P and 4003 into it. The 4003 sounds great with it. It kinda makes me wish I was still jamming with people so I could turn it up.

Matt Dean, Evil_Druid and gh0st42 like this.
  8. monsterthompson

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    A little more dabbling today. The BOW responds well to the Germ Warfare feeding into it, which opens up quite a bit of tone shaping despite the limited EQ on the Germ. I only tried my P, but I could see this stack/pairing working well with my other basses, but my lunch break isn’t long enough to do much testing today :)

Matt Dean and theunknowndude like this.
  9. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

new fuzz day!!!

eldritch BLAST from Mask Audio Electronics / Electronic Audio Experiments

Ytv6O8jl.jpg

cross posted initial thoughts:
    It's really cool! Sounds great on bass. It's a really polished sounding fuzz, but you can make it really splatty and almost a touch pll-ish since it is super touch sensitive...but it still sounds together if that makes sense. I don't really understand the need for the EQ on/off switch, but I can see using it for a boost, but I find that I like the EQ always on. It's a pretty powerful EQ that helps shape the fuzz, especially when you set it splatty...you can blast the bass also. Woulda been cooler, to me, if that switch created more of an oscillation or something. The switches are soft switches too which is a really nice touch. It sounds as good as it looks...and as they say, you can never have too much fuzz...but I might be getting there.

kranahan, Matt Dean, dabis and 2 others like this.
  10. Evil_Druid

Evil_Druid

May 9, 2016
    San Diego
    Does it have any settings that oscillate? I’m starting to come around to the Eldritch Blast now, a lot of people around here like it

11. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I want an Eldritch Blast… was this a one-off, or is John going to make more (I suppose I could just ask the builder)?

Edit: Just messaged EAE.

12. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does not oscillate that I have encountered (yet). It's basically a really solid sounding dirt with some options to make it a bit splatty and a bit pll / broken sounding like. I got caught up in the hype and had to pick one up, but I'm not disappointed at all.

@Matt Dean - they have said that they expect 2 big batches to drop this year. Although it sold out reasonably fast, if you were sitting at a computer with a good internet connection at the time it went on sale, you got one. I was F5'ing waiting for the purchase button to appear and I could have gone in and bought it three times before it sold out...so it lasted only about 5 minutes, but 5 minutes is a long time if you are ready and waiting to purchase. I follow both MAE and EAE on instagram and they regularly provide details. I suspect the next batch will be closer to the holidays since MAE has another batch of part garden coming and a few other things that he has teased recently.

Matt Dean and cusar5 like this.
  13. cusar5

cusar5

Feb 17, 2008
    Planet Iommia
    Speaking of MAE: Titan is definitely a keeper after jam last night. It has that singing Muff sustain that I love, but a slightly different "flavor" than the usual Pi.

MAE and EAE both make great stuff!

cosmicevan likes this.
  14. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Thanks… John said as much in his response to my inquiry.

cosmicevan likes this.
  15. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    New addition to my pink pedalboard! It replaces my Green Russian RI that is on permanent loan to my guitar player

CE279C18-E516-4038-8048-D51D7E1D6E37.jpeg

16. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    Calamity has been my BMP of choice since November. It’s got the goods.

52E569A0-D47B-40B2-8FC1-0168803318D9.jpeg

cosmicevan, HCF, Evil_Druid and 4 others like this.
  17. kranahan

kranahan Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2009
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Your guitarist handed back the II?

Evil_Druid, gh0st42 and XXL like this.
  18. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    I got it back!! It was missed.

gh0st42, Evil_Druid and kranahan like this.
  19. Evil_Druid

Evil_Druid

May 9, 2016
    San Diego
    I need to know how the II sounds :drool:

cosmicevan likes this.
  20. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    BFR Rust Hammer coming, couldn't help it.

kranahan likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021