Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fuzz and Stereo Tremolo/ Pan Help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lookjojoisplaid, Feb 5, 2006.

1. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    So I want to add a Fuzz and Stereo Tremolo/ Pan effect to my board.

As far as the tremolo goes it needs to be able to cut super hard and fast like a machine gun almost.
    And i want it to also have a Pan feature so i can do swells that go from one side of the stage to the next.

SO far i have looked at:
    Dunlop TS-1
    http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=34446

The RFX925 PanelO
    http://rolls.com/rfxnew

And the Line 6 Tap tremolo
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Effects?sku=150390

Boss PN-2
    Good Luck finding one the wont cost you an arm and a leg

The only one of these i have ever played or seen out there is the Line 6 which i wasnt to impressed with mainly because the effect sounds to digital to me.

If you guys have anything to say about the other two pedal that would be great also if anyone knows about any pedals i didnt list let me know

The Fuzz Pedal:
    I really want to make my bass sound very breathy and hummy like this:
    http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=/Catalog/04_Distortion/04_Big_Muff_Pi/24_Greta_Brinkman

Its a Big MUff PI that he uses in those clips. Anyone know of other pedals that can make that sound to only warmer??

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    The Line 6 MM4 has a pan mode and can go very square and very fast. However it might sound "digital" to you.

You can try those boutique brands I guess.

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Why stereo?

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Because he wants the sound to go L-R, L-R....

5. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Yes thanks that is what i want

6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Try the English Muff'n (I have samples on here somewere under the moniker IcedEarthWOM...). It has 2 12ay7 tubes in it. I find it very warm :D

7. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    My Boss BF-3 flanger has a stereo tremolo function that seems to cut/pan pretty hard... It's the only trem I've had experience with, though.

-Dash

8. The Dunlop gives the best stereo pan effect that I know of; I bought it for my electric piano to simulate a 70's suitcase Rhodes; the Dunlop is much valued by keyboard players.

9. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    How do you get it to act as a tremolo??

10. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The BF-3 is a stereo pedal, and one of the functions is a pan between the outputs. In mono mode, if you turn the flange off, it does a good job as a trem. I haven't tried rigging it up to two amps yet, but I'm assuming that it would do decently as a pan with that too.

-Dash

11. lookjojoisplaid

lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    cool thanks looks like i have to make yet another stop to heaven

12. I've seen Boss Pn-2's go on ebay for less than $100. You just have to be a hawk about it. The most I'd spend (or anyone for that matter) I think, is $150.

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The Frantone Bassweet is your animal. It can nail the sounds in those recordings, and IMO it is very warm sounding (at least on the breathy/less intensely fuzzed out sounds).

14. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    i tried the flanger as a tremolo last night at band practice, sounds sweet

i downloaded the manual from the boss website aswell, i can do a lot more with it now than i was doing, this pedals just impressed me