Fuzz Face and Dunlop Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    A guitar shop opened by my house! You don't know how happy I am. My city pretty much sucks, but now there's this guitar shop and, well it's sweet. I just got a new strap from them... it's like 4 inches wide. ANYWAYS, onto my questions.

I saw Fuzz Face there! It's red and white, and it's in PERFECT condition. Henry (the owner) said that some kid just sold it to him... and if I recall, these pedals are really rare and really good right? Stupid kid...

And another question. He just ordered a 105Q wah for me, which i'm going to be purchasing. :hyper: He said he could order any Dunlop Pedal. I really want to keep this guy in business, so I'm re-thinking which pedals I want to get. Is there any octave, flange, tuner, and delay made by Dunlop that are quite good? Thank you very much.

Check out these cool dudes here.

Oh yeah one more thing... he ordered some monster cables. I was gonna get a Fender Cable, but I decided to wait and get a monster. Would you reccomend the Monster or the Fender? Thanks.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

MXR belongs to Dunlop. This makes for a lot of interesting bass pedal options.
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

Thank you.
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Original Dallas Arbitor Fuzz Faces are rare. The modern Dunlop is run of the mill at best. It is a very different tone and you will lose a little low end with the fuzz maxed. I prefer the pedal for git myself, though if I was playing music more akin to Sabbath and Big Business I would use it with bass more often.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I wasn't thinking about getting it, I just thought it was a good find!
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Nope, pretty common beast.

But as a Dunlop dealer, I would definately want to check out:
    MXR M-80 Bass Distortion/DI
    MXR M-188 Bass Auto Q
    MXR M-88 Bass Octave (my favorite octave pedal out there)
    MXR M-101 Phase 90
    MXR M-102 Dyna Comp
    MXR M-104 Distortion +
    MXR M-117R Flanger (just reissued -- I want to try one)
    MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus (once again, want to try one)
    I'd like to try the JH-2S Jimi Hendrix Classic Fuzz

And that's about it.
  7. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    ask him what, other brands he can order in, so you have more varity.
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'm EXTREMELY GASin for the M-88. I just read a review in Bass Guitar, and I'm gonna have Henry order one. I'm also very interested in the M-117R.

Thanks for the list!
  9. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    how familiar are you with the DynaComp? how is it on bass? i've only tried a "modeled" version, but i was diggin' the sound.