Fuzz + light overdrive, fuzz + heavy overdrive, synth + overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hurdea Darius, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Hurdea Darius

Hurdea Darius

Aug 11, 2019
    Hello folks! I don't have enough money at the moment to buy a lot of pedals, so here I am, asking you stuff. How would a combination like the one I wrote in this thread's title would be?

For example, for fuzz + light overdrive -> Big Muff + Soul Food
    For fuzz + heavy overdrive -> Big Muff + Behringer ODB3
    And for synth + distortion -> ehx mono synth (any effect) + let's say Behringer BOD400
    The ones I noted above are exactly the ones I am thinking of buying in the future, but there could be any distortion, fuzz or synth pedal instead of those.
    Would there be too much noise?
    Thanks in advance, have a nice day!

2. arakiri

arakiri

Feb 10, 2019
    synth pedal maybe the dedalo fx byte

3. Define noise...

Do you want definition of the sound or are you talking gain and feedback?
    People have successfully stacked the pedals you mention together... not sure they use them in their current rigs but muse and Karnivool are bands I can think of that stack overdrive and fuzz etc.

I don’t tend to stack much anymore but I’ve stacked my mini66 overdrive into my mbd1 distortion to give it more grind... just beware you will need to adjust volume and or gain levels when stacking unless you are running a blend pedal such as an ls2

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021