Fuzz of Disturbed

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lo-end, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Fuzz is really good!!!

6 vote(s)
  2. He's ok.

4 vote(s)
  3. Fuzz has no talent.

4 vote(s)
  4. I dont listen to Disturbed / never heard of 'em

3 vote(s)
  1. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I was listening to the Disturbed CD The Sickness, and I noticed that some of their songs have pretty cool basslines in them. I especially like the intro to "Voices" because theres some triple-slaps in there and thats pretty hard to do. Anyway, what do you guys think about him? NOT Disturbed. I dont wanna hear any crap about how their just like limp bizkit or slipknot or linkin park or whatever. I just wanna know what you think about Fuzz.
  2. He's a pretty good bassist and has some cool bass lines. I read an interview and he was saying that his main inspiration came from the big 80's hard rock bands which is weird becuase they aren't really known for they're basslines. But I like him, he throws in some different styles and holds some really solid basslines.
    Have you heard the band Nonpoint? the bassist is great, the rest of the band aren't too bad either actually:D
  3. Man, I don't think many people know who fuzz is:D
  4. Fuzz is great, and nonpoint is one of the best!
  5. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    I think hes ok. I do like Disturbed though, the song Down With the Sickness is awsome.
  6. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I like Disturbed and I think Fuzz (if that is his real name :D) is pretty impressive. I like when he "goes off" around the 2:40 mark of The Game.
  7. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    down with the sickness is a pretty cool song, but I dont like the edited version. They take out an entire verse!! :(
  8. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    only fools listen to those teeny bopper lovers known as blink 182 :p

take that
  9. Another pearl of wisdom from everyone's favourite Hoppus-obsessed maniac...

Yeah, Fuzz is cool, I especially like the bassline to "Voices". I've been meaning to buy the Disturbed album for ages.
  10. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    my friend just gave me his CD for free cuz he had 2 copies of it. He went out and bought 2 just in case he lost one cuz he loved the CD so much. Thats pretty funny. The funniest part is he kept them in the same case until I told him that was dumb because if you lose 1 you lose the other with it. :D
  11. Personally, I really like Fuzz's playing, tone, style and all that stuff. He's awsome to watch live cuz he really gets into his playing and he's just plain cool. Plus for one of their songs he played an Ibanez BTB :cool:
  12. DIdn't you notice that the main riff of 'Voices' is a complete ripp-off of KoRn's 'Blind'. Well that's nu-metal for you, the art of ripping of KoRn.

Although I have to say I saw them at the Ozzfest and they did pull of that song flawlessly, it was like listening to the CD.

They don't do anything new, adventurous or pioneering but they do what they do pretty well.
  13. Yeah, and Blind was a ripoff of Fear Factory's 'Scapegoat'. So, nu-metal is the ripping off of ripoffs.:D

Anyway, I used to be really into Disturbed, but lately I haven't listened to them half as much. I think I'm geting a much heavier taste, and they really are too commercially acceptable compared to what I'm listening to now. Well, that's what you get when your taste develops.Fuzz is a cool bassist, in fact the band is pretty talented as a whole.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm gonna sell my Disturbed CD tomorrow.
  14. JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    that nu-metal ripoff idea is faulty, 'cause Disturbed is infinitely better than Korn. Each one has their various areas of expertise.. but think about it, really. Fieldy or Fuzz?

My theory about Fuzz, is that he's actually Craig Montoya (bassist of Everclear). Not judging by bass style, but rather, they look exactly the same.
  15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    What does skill have to do with "ripping off"? Just because "Disturbed is better than Korn" doesn't mean they couldn't POSSIBLY have ripped something off!

I'd take Korn any day. Over that, I'd take Fear Factory any day.