Fuzz pedal soldering

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MBusek, Sep 15, 2018.

1. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Hi guys,

I bought diy fuzz pedal from ebay and it came without any scheme or anything at all.

Can anybody help me what should i do ? I am a new at this.. I need to solder in, out, led, battery socket, 9 pin on off switch and adapter input.

If you need any info that is not in photos just ask me and i will upload them asap.

I would appreciate andy help :)

41705672_300061794121557_5378641901886898176_n.jpg 41844770_306077730201535_6384599705912868864_n.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Wow. We should be able to figure it out with enough pictures, but first things first - ask the seller for instructions!

saabfender likes this.
  3. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    I already did.. but I am not sure he will send me scheme since he did not include it in a kit.

4. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Well we should be able to map it out - can you post a similar close-up photo of the other side of the board? There's really not all that much to it.

5. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Sure :)
    68AEE403-1636-4BEE-9C72-13C48B48A9A8.jpeg

6. tadawson

tadawson

Aug 24, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Most looks pretty obvious - the LEDs and thier polarity are clearly marked, as are in and out. Looks like power in is the two largish holes on the edge of the board, with the corner being negative, and the other positive. The actual switch on the board is only 6 pins, with three being an audio bypass or effect to the output, and the other three controlling the LED indicators. Not sure what they have a 3rd set of poles on the switch for, unless they are also switching power when it disengages, and omit the 'out' LED, since there will be nothing to power it.

If all else fails, it aappeard to be a variant of the "Fuzz Face pedal, for which just about everything is documented on line . . .

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  7. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    If this is the Protaitone / Landtone pedal kit, the seller will mail you a PDF of the diagram if you message them.

8. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Well.. i got some pictures.. but it still doesent work.. Led is on but no sound.

9. Jase The Bass

Jase The Bass Guest

Sep 1, 2011
    Just to let you know you're not abandoned. I will take a look at this over the next week and make a wiring diagram for you. Hang in there help is on the way.

MBusek likes this.
  10. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Thank you :) but i dont probably need it.. I got this picture and made it like it.. but it still doesent work.. so i fcked something up and burned it or I don´t know.

Attached Files:

11. bumperbass

bumperbass

Jun 19, 2012
    It might be just me, but the battery looks like it's soldered to the DC power in jack, and I don't see any power connections going to the board.

12. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    There is wire going from dc to input jack.

13. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Anyway i think there is something dead.. the led stopped working and i didnt´t even do anything :D

14. Jase The Bass

Jase The Bass Guest

Sep 1, 2011
    Double check your capacitor polarities and transistor orientations. If you have a multimeter check that 3PDT switch. I've gotten bad ones before even soldering on it.

15. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Capacitators are ok.. transistors are ok too.. I don´t have that multimeter but i´ll ask my teacher if he can check it for me.. thanks for helping

16. Jase The Bass

Jase The Bass Guest

Sep 1, 2011
    You are most welcome! Ok so check and check on those to things. While you're waiting... Retouch all of the solder points on the board. You want a hot iron and a "get in and get out fast" technique. Physically blow on the point you reflowed to cool down before moving on. While you're at it.. push those resistors down flush to the board. All those leads sticking up makes a bunch of tiny antennas and cause parasitic capacitance (it's a bad thing). Inspect all the pads, make sure none of the have lifted. Keep me updated on the switch if none of this works.

17. Jase The Bass

Jase The Bass Guest

Sep 1, 2011
    One more thing that I've overlooked... Make sure your input cable is plugged in when you power it up. Just trying to cover all issues before accepting you blew it up.

18. bumperbass

bumperbass

Jun 19, 2012
    Then that means I have a vision problem. I see a BLACK wire going to the board, but I don't see any hot wire coming from the jack.
    I see only one red wire going from the battery to the jack. I don't even see what could be blocking my view of a hot wire leaving the jack.

Jase The Bass likes this.
  19. MBusek

MBusek

Mar 17, 2018
    Well, i have to say i have no clue what are you talking about.. but i sent it to the seller and he said it’s Ok. I think the transistors are dead. Couse there is voltage on the board. I am planning to replace these ac128.