1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuzz pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pglaser01, Oct 23, 2013.

1. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    If only I were that good....
    Hey guys,

I'm interested in hearing from people. Playing covers and some of the recent requests we've gotten at shows have been a lot of newer songs. I know a lot of the songs have some keyboard synth effects but I was hoping to emulate them with adding some fuzz. To give you an idea, we're trying Phoenix "1901" and I'd like to know if fuzz would be good for that. I believe the actual effect comes from a Korg keyboard, but correct me if I'm wrong. Any opinions on this kind of effect to use for this song or others would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. pglaser01

pglaser01

Mar 19, 2013
    St. Louis, MO
    If only I were that good....
    After reading further...perhaps fuzz with an envelope filter would make more sense over a synth? Anyone?

3. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

May 21, 2008
    Napa, California
    Way Huge Swollen Pickle maybe. It's a versatile pedal.
    Also EH Bass Micro synth covers a huge range of tones.

4. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    For that particular song, I think it would be better served with using a synth. You can hear a synth layered over a regular bass track in the mix. If you really don't want to go that route, for that particular sound in the verses, I would go octaver > fuzz > chorus rather than the usual octave > fuzz > envelope filter