1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuzz recommendations specifically for pairing with other effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jmone, Nov 21, 2018.

1. jmone

jmone

Mar 1, 2010
    I don't use a lot of dirt with my current band but I love using it feed other effects like my LPF or to be fed with octave down (or all 3!)

I'm looking for some fuzz recommendations that'll play nicely with the rest of my board.

Anything that's the gold standard here?

saabfender likes this.
  2. Not sure it’s specifically what you want as it has a hint of octave up but the 3 leaf you’re doom is one of the best I’ve had that handles anything..

saabfender, jmone and sillyfabe like this.
  3. Spaceman Nebula
    Team Awesome Fuzz Machine

jmone likes this.
  4. radiophonic

radiophonic

May 9, 2013
    Mastotron? Although you don't really need to feed it any additional lows. The switchable subs are huge. In parallel with an OC2 into an LPF, it's pretty great though. Adjustable gate and impedance too. Everything from raw silicon fuzz through to really spitty, gated synth sounds.

jmone and Robertron like this.
  5. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Mastotron also has a nice vocal quality with an octave running into it. Still very gated and synthy, just beefy.

jmone likes this.
  6. jmone

jmone

Mar 1, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I’m going to check it all out.

Can the subs be turned off on the Mastotron by putting subs in the “1” position?

7. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    TAFM and Oxide are great for diving downstream effects. Team Awesome! works best before an OD and Oxide best after OD, in my use. After that, it’s all good.

jmone likes this.
  8. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    Yes they can.

However the fuzz loses quite a bit of low end presence on Sub 1 and Sub 2. I've had mine set to Sub 3 ever since I bought it because the other settings get a little thin. The character of the Fuzz tone stays the same though, synthy gated square wave tone, so even though you end up cutting lows the fuzz is certainly usable if you use your imagination.

jmone likes this.
  9. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    That's interesting what OD do you push with the TAFM?

10. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I use the SS/BS Mini

Robertron and freedomryder like this.
  11. vincent69

vincent69 Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    +1 for IE Oxide as it has specifically designed to work with the Xerograph, which is a low pass filter.

jmone likes this.
  12. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Ta-da!!

hqdefault.

Or maybe the DOD Carcosa. I always felt that was one of the more well rounded bass fuzzes that was really affordable on the market today. And it absolutely clobbers in the mix.

jmone likes this.