Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fuzz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StOneLiBeRaTiOn, Mar 17, 2005.

1. I just got my new rig (ampeg b2-r with bse-410hlf) and when I turn it on there is a small hiss. I don't know if this is what is supposed to happen. I've never paid really close attention to this kind of thing till now when I actally have a rig worth playing out of. Pleast post

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I've tried this combination in a GC once and it hissed, but I thought that was because it wasn't set right or maybe the cab had a blown speaker.

3. The speakers can't be blown because I jsut bought it. The tone I get from it sounds amazing but it just hisses when its on...

4. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    It's probably the BSE tweeter. Those cabs are really kind of suspect, as far as I'm concerned. I guess they will get the job done... but I wouldnt expect it to be amazing.

Try turning down the tweeter or disconnecting it altogether... just as an experiment maybe.

5. Yes you were right it was the tweeter. turning it off totaly elminates the problem but I lose the tone that i like, so i just turned it down and i get a happy medium.
    Thanks for the help!!!! :D