Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Masterbasser71, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Hey guys, what fuzz pedal will work well with passive AND active basses and not lose that bottom end, all for under $99? Help me out. All I know about is the Big Muff Pi and Double Muff. :help:
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unfortunately it's bordering on $300.

Under $100 the best fuzz IMO is the Big Muff Pi.
  3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
  4. GO and buy the sansamp tech 21 BASS XXL. You might have to order it and wait a week to get it, but doesn't cut out the bass, you can in fact control how much bass you want to cut out/add.
    It cost me $100
  5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

try this. I got mine about a week ago and love it.
  6. thesmallprint

Jan 4, 2005
    i hav the guyatone and russian big muff, they work well together for me and produce quite different sounds. you could probably get both off ebay for under 150 US
  7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Jazz Ad,
    this works ok with active basses?
  8. + 2

The man knows what he is talking about.
  9. Jazz Ad

Hard to tell.
    The only active bass I own is my JAF Lightwave and it's great with it as long as I don't use too much piezo. it's not very representative of active basses though.
  10. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Big Muff Pi. That thing is a monster (in a good way) and for >$100 it's easily your best choice.
  11. Jazz Ad

Ok, so for those interested, I tried the Guyatone this week with a Tune bass, very high gain active electronics and it behaved perfectly.
    The SUB Stingray I test tried last week did well too.
  12. +1

The only thing that hasn't changed on my pedalboard in two years.

Before that it was the DOD Grunge, which is great and highly underrated. Oh and the Ibanez Soundtank 60's Fuzz, which I used a few years back when I was hunting down a Big Muff...

(Speaking of changes, the Mini Q will soon be replaced by a real Qtron and there should be a Boss BF2 Flanger in there...)
  13. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Russian Big Muff for the win. Great Fuzz pedals for the price!