Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Yep.. another distortion (well not really) thread.

I'm in the market for a new fuzz. I already have a russian muff, but ive found a new use for that...

What im looking for a smoothish fuzz. So basically something with a Blend control. At the moment, my main candidate is a PE Depth Charge. However, ebay has come up with this little thing... http://miaudio.com/NF_Intro.htm And it sounds very interesting...

Anyone have any experience with this pedal (i doubt it).. and what are some other FUZZ pedals with a blend knob. Also, im using an active bass....

2. Here are a few others with a blend function
    I have not tested any of them

T-Rex Bass Juice
    Black Cat Bass Octave Fuzz - but what is the octave for?
    Chunk Systems Brown Dog

One can also mix signals using some kind of looper. You probably knew that but some people who read may not. I currently use the American Big Muff Pi and a Boss LS-2. Yes I know it is not true bypass but it saved me some money.
  3. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Right now I have a Z.Vex Woolly Mammoth that can work with active basses, but definitely sounds awesome on my P. Next fuzz I'll go for will be a Depth Charge or that Frantone Bassweet thingy probably.
  4. thanks guys. Yeh im probably getting a looper soon, but ive heard there can be problems as the blend control is passive. I might check out the T-Rex
  5. Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    I was looking for a bass distortion last December and in the store I put the Trex bass juice next to the Xotix BB Preamp. I used an active bass... I would pick the Xotic over and over again. But that's maybe because I wasn't looking for fuzz but for distortion...