Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Julien, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    i would like to know if fuzz pedals for bass are the same as for the guitarist..can i buy a fuzz pedal for guitar to play with my bass or do speacial bass fuzz pedals exist??
  2. you can use a guitar fuzz but you will lose A LOT of low end
  3. odb-3 can get fuzz-sound if you tweak it..
  4. thats what im going to be using mine for now... it actually holds the lows pretty well even on the highest settings.
  5. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    I use em both...The Boss for more subtle distortion a la Incubus Have You ever, and BigMuff for nasty more synth like fuzz...I think the NYC re-issue Big Muff is more over the top though...you can't really hear your bass's tone at al with it, whereas on the BOss, you can set it so you can slap/pop and you can hear the tone of your bass WITH the fuzz (b/c it has a wet/dry knob).

6. If I get a Whooly Mammoth, would it work for guitar too?

I dont see why it wouldnt, but Im wondering
  7. the wooly mammoth is a pretty interesting sounding pedal on guitar.. I almost think it's better suited for guitar than bass.. still pretty cool with bass though
  8. for Fuzz i use a boss DS-1 guitar distortion and turn tone and distrtion to 12 o clock and turn thetone on the bass all the way down kindof fuzzish ( I Really doubt thats a word :rolleyes: )
  9. there are several fuzz effects on the zoom 708 effects peddle
  10. try the black cat super fuzz, gives you the beastie boys sabotagesound.
    i use the black cat bass octave fuzz. KICKS BUTT!
  11. liar liar filthy filthy liar ;)