Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FuzZ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Obsolex, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    Like in my other post about 400 vs 800 watts, i just really just want a loud ass amp able to play infront of about 100-2000 people with no fuzz! I hate that damn fuzz, and just something that would be clear at the loudest possible volume...:bassist: Right now I have an SWR LA-15 100 watts amp, but what do you guys think i should get? I have no clue. thanks... _-soto-_

2. If you wanna play rock for a full crowd with no PA support, I'm thinking in the lines of at least 500 watts, but 1,000 is better. Seriously. You could be fine with less, and use a limiter to suppress the fuzzing, but you'd be less "clean", and you'd run the risk of "playing on the limiter", reducing your volume.

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I hate you too. Jerk.

:D :D :D

4. :confused: scuse me?

5. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    :D

That's what he was referring to, Joris :)

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You are correct, Sir!

Sorry about the confusion, Joris. :)

7. I got the joke, but English (and puns) are my native language.

To Joris' credit, his English is *much* better than my Dutch will ever be. I don't know if the awful English puns translate into Dutch or not.

8. As the sun sets

As the sun sets Guest

Dec 10, 2002
    N. Easton, MA
    My first question- What's your price range?

9. I could have gotten the joke, if I had looked at the screen names. It was no pun, actually ;)

We Dutch are exposed to the English language every day. Almost all quality TV series are American or English, most Dutch artists write their lyrics in English, the Net is 99% English. It's not hard to develop a "feel" for English, as a Dutchman. That, and I'm a language perfectionist. I always pick the spelling and grammar errors out of others' writing (even in English). So that's me.

:spit: :spit: :p