1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fuzzrocious BDPG + Rusty Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LawrenceKanter, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Has anyone out there ever run these two in tandem? Which would you put first?

I love my BDPG, but I'm seriously jonesing for a Rusty Box. Would it be redundant to run two preamps on the same board? Would I be trifling with forces beyond my control?

Thx!

JulienP. likes this.
  2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Completely different sounding preamps/pedals, nothing at all alike. Go for it.

JulienP. likes this.
  3. omie

omie Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Arizona
    Totally..

I send my RB into the front of my amp as an 'almost always on' OD. Although I know alot of people use it as a true pre-amp, my amp set up just wasn't right for that. I've tried 8 TB fave OD's and the RB has been my favorite. It doesn't sound like I've changed amps if I cut it off and I find it flexible in that I can sound like ME or cop various modern or vintage-y tones. I've also found that as an OD it's so powerful in the mids that even when I scoop them a bit and get that delicious warm OD tone, I still sit beautifully in the mix... and I never hear that mid 'honk'

As far as Fuzzrocious, I've owned the DD, GS and RT. I liked them all but only have the RT which sounds amazing across its range.. subtle or completely over the top. Ryan puts out an excellent product that doesn't need additional eq'ing or blending and I'd bet my money that the BDPG is a bad mofo. After my search I've discovered that with all of the great pedals that have come out in the last several years, theres no need to get OD/Distortion pedals that needs additional eq/blending.. I'm a little easier on blending the FUzz, but I don't get to use it much.