1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fuzzrocious Club - The One to Rule them All.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Plays_For_Dog, Aug 4, 2013.

1. I'm being odd... Really just want that one. Even another from that era won't do. Has to be the one with my name in it.

rratajski and Tmh2oson like this.
  2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Anyone with early impressions of the baby furnace? Mine arrives this week

rratajski likes this.
  3. Tmh2oson

Tmh2oson

Apr 25, 2014
    Stokesdale, NC
    Watterson Guitars
    It’s a very brutal pedal

knumbskull and rratajski like this.
  4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    In a good way?

rratajski likes this.
  5. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Yes haha. The clean blend helps you dial back the aggression though.

6. Tmh2oson

Tmh2oson

Apr 25, 2014
    Stokesdale, NC
    Watterson Guitars
    Definitely in a good way
    For sure in a good way

rratajski likes this.
  7. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Holy smokes, I can't find a favorite position on the blue LunaReclipse, they are all so. damned. good. I thought only a couple positions would work decently on bass, esp in a live mix, but I had a chance to run it at a live practice last night (in place of an OCD type pedal), and it was perfectly present in the mix, at multiple settings. I didn't even have to stack it with my other amp-style pedals for beef, it was massive on its own. Fast becoming my favorite dirt pedal, and perfect for picky people. I can see this being a stock answer to any number of "looking for a ____ overdrive", even the classic "transparent" searchers.

Blurry low-light practice photo:

LunaReclipse-blue-WT.

8. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York

I’m gonna be doing the same thing tonight (running the blue in a band mix). I was experimenting at home last night using the blue in place of my demon on my main board and really liked what I was getting (I’ve just gone back to a jazz bass for the first time in a few years so I’m switching up my effects at the same time). I was originally looking to just use the clean boost but several other settings (position 1 and 4 in particular) sounded HUGE with a jazz bass. So tonight I’ll jam it in a mix and see what’s what.

rratajski likes this.
  9. jumblemind

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    I haven't tried it with my jazz bass yet, but that's a good sign since those are typically lower output, and it did great with my really hot Hi-Flyer; I would have expected the lunaReclipse to (understandably) fart out at least a few settings but it handled the signal fantastically. I guess that makes sense if it was designed to re-clip other signals. I don't know what kind of sorcery went into this design, esp given it has only one control parameter (not even related to clipping), but I'll take it.

Tonight I get to try it with another band with a P/J setup and see how it clips an octaver.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    rratajski likes this.
  10. jumblemind

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    Definitely worked well with the octaver. I stacked all the pedals on my minimal board using position 4 on the lunaReclipse for a touch of square-wave-like dirt driven by the octave signal into a chorus/reverb patch on the MS-60b. Very good synth sound that I've been chasing for a while, and it's interesting because position 4 on its own is more of a fat boost but takes on a different quality when driven by the OctaBass. Being able to try different clipping options is such a different way to dial in the right interactions between pedals.

LunaReclipse-blue-2.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Fiset, Tmh2oson, BrentSimons and 2 others like this.
  11. RissKippery

RissKippery Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Surprised no one has chimed in about these! What are your thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    rratajski likes this.
  12. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Drive sounds killer. No desire for the oscillator. Would be of interest without the oscillator side, but I'm sure it helps sets it apart from other drive pedals.

rratajski, 2010P and RissKippery like this.
  13. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    The Knob Jawn looks awesome as well. Pretty interesting idea to use digital and analog.

rratajski and TodaysTomSawyer like this.
  14. 2010P

2010P Banned

May 13, 2017
    +1. Did not understand the point of the oscillator on this one. To my ears, it really didn't work or mix at all with the nice drive sound.

Master Chief likes this.
  15. Master Chief

Master Chief

Jun 4, 2010
    Athens
    Same here, looks more like a gimmick and not something people could actually use in a musical way.

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I disagree. It's absolutely useable, but also limited in it's use unless you're making experimental or electronic music. I'm sure some really creative people will do great things with that.

rratajski, BrentSimons and fdbishop1 like this.
  17. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016

Definitely looks like you’d want to utilize the expression option to make it useable.

rratajski and emjazz like this.
  18. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    If you guys are interested in what makes oscillators musical/useful/non-gimmicky, please check out Daughters' "City Song" on the new album.
    Oscillators, like any pedal, is only useful to those who need/want it.

To start, think of the key you play in...if a riff is in the key of A, tune the pitch to an A...it will drone/sustain behind what you're playing......use the expression pedal when you change notes/key. Your imagination is the limit.

19. RissKippery

Mar 3, 2016
    Do they use the oscillators in the empty glass or was that from the playing mantis? Or are they the same oscillators in two different pedals?

20. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    We designed the pedal "Empty Glass" (exclusive release w/ the band sold on Reverb) which is essentially every f'd up sound you hear on "City Song."
    It's a dirty octave up into a modified M.O.T.H. which is a very, very, very simple version in a way of Playing Mantis. Not the same pedal, but they both use the same oscillator, just in very different applications. Playing Mantis does WAY more than EG or M.O.T.H. can do.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    RissKippery likes this.