1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fuzzrocious Rat Tail 125B

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by vivaknoxvegas, Mar 29, 2018.

1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Price:
    Fuzzrocious 125B Rat Tail (details below) - $115 shipped to CONUS

Notes on Rat via @Pacodelivery

Rare miniature version of fuzzrocious's rat/cat pedal. It's a clone of some other, not to be named here because @rratajski gets hot under the collar, vermin pedal.

The fuzzrocious rat improves upon the original with its full range operation,
    making it better for bass guitar, as well as by adding unique clipping knobs, which control the amount different frequency bands are distorted, as well as a diode selector switch.

Usually built in a larger box, this is from a short run built in MXR sized boxes. It is otherwise identical to the larger rat/cat pedals.

UPDATE RE MOD:

Paco had someone buy this pedal a little while ago, and it got damaged in shipment. The clipping switch was broken when it arrived. They shipped it back and he refunded them and took it to a shop to get repaired.

When he took it in, he had them put in a sturdier switch, and he had them move it to the front of the pedal. Where it was on the side never made much sense to me in terms of board layout (especially with the top jacks) and made it more vunerable to breaking. They put a small cap in the hole (can send picture of this cap if requested) where the switch had previously been.

The pedal works just as it did before. Honestly he (and I) think it’s an improvement with the better switch and the placement.

Paco has taken stuff to this shop for years and they’re fantastic, they build custom tube amps as well as pedals. Last picture shows the original switch location.

4458CDF9-B536-4A90-BEB5-649686C09479.jpeg B449DADE-63CD-46A2-9A2B-6C036AC8B65C.jpeg uuxwurajcwibyrt9zh6w.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    rratajski likes this.
  2. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I need no dirt but kudos for your thread title and GLWTS's

3. Pacodelivery

Pacodelivery

May 25, 2014
    Baltimore
    That rat pedal is getting well traveled.

Happy to answer any questions!

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  4. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Also here to answer questions.
    Need to note that we don't get hot under the collar over this being a clone improvement of a ProCo RAT. We just can't legally compare it our products or use "rat" in anything that we do because we received a cease & desist from ProCo, as they own the trademark for the word "rat."
    To clarify the previous user's description, the diode toggle was placed on the side on old production models because there was no room by the top jacks or on the face without placing too close to the footswitch, as it was later modded by Pacodelivery's tech. It was placed on the side because the power jack was also on the side, meaning it would take up no more space than the power jack.
    Best of luck to the new, future owner. :)

cataract and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  5. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    That's interesting. Did they perhaps show you this?

RAT PRO CO PRO CO SOUND, INC. 225 PARSONS STREET · KALAMAZOO, MI 49007 WWW.PROCOSOUND.COM WITH: LED STATUS INDICATOR GLOW-IN-THE-DARK CONTROL PANEL Trademark - Serial Number 78756211 :: Justia Trademarks

6. jwr

jwr

Jun 28, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Sorry not trying to hijack your thread but that stuff pisses me off.

7. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    @rratajski so you're saying you biffed this originally and should have located the power jack at the top with the in/out jacks? Please clarify. :)

I didn't think you would get mad, honestly, but I just didn't want to even use the "r" word in relation to your pedal if it could be helped.

8. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    We didn't biff anything...most old Rat Tails in small enclosures had side diode toggles on the same side as the side power jack.
    The way we made those, there was only room for top in/out jacks because we wanted the pots higher and away from the footswitch. The person who modded this placed the toggle below the PCB, so it could be on the face.

@jwr let's talk off-air about that.

9. vivaknoxvegas

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    @rratajski you see the smiley face after the comment? I was joking.

10. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Sorry...thought you were politely asking me to clarify. Thank you.

11. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    @rratajski Do you recall what selectable diodes are in this thing? (Asking for a friend)

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  12. rratajski

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Unless otherwise noted, 1n914/none/LED.

cataract likes this.
  13. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    PM sent

14. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    And that would be me!

Thank you gentlemen. The little Rat arrived today and I'm itching to try it out. Looks like it uses a 12V power supply? No spot for a battery inside, I found that out already... Tried a 9V power supply but the plug doesn't fit. I have a 12v that fits but I don't want to fry my new pedal with the wrong juice. So just exactly what am I supposed to feed this thing?

Got it. Went and got myself a One Spot adapter and hooked all my junk up with that. Weird that my generic wall warts use different connector/voltage combos but whatever.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018