Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FWIW, Levels, Pre, Power Amp, Etc.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jan 26, 2003.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Here's what I've currently evolved to with my "second" rig, so to speak. It's been gig tested as follows: Epifani T212 with QSC mono-bridged. Small/medium size bar with carpet, low ceiling and pool tables. Wide and fairly deep. Bass was Conklin GT7 with stock pre.

Conclusions: the QSC is a very good amp. Very clean and dynamic. The Ag pre is a good match. Good club levels were achieved with the input set at 12 o'clock and the output at about the same or a bit higher. Amp was set at max. Sounded about the same as this same rig with a Mackie 1400i, btw, but seemed a lot lighter to load (as it should). Next up--third rig built around Stewart 1.6...My number one continues to be the Stewart 2.1 with Demeter 201S.

[​IMG]

2. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Where on earth did you find a 5 space rack??

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've got two of 'em, actually. It's the SKB X series. I get 'em from americanmusical.com. They also have pull-up handles and wheels on one side so you can pull 'em around like luggage! Nice and lightweight, too.