1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FX DOCTOR Bass Bit Fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bass_snake, Sep 27, 2009.

1. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Hey folks,

Anyone own or have tried the FX DOCTOR Bass Bit Fuzz?

http://fxdoctor.com/

What do you think of it? ight get one next week.

thanks,

Fred

2. Doesn't sound 8-Bit at all. I'd venture to say the Big Muff sounds more 8-bit than that (which is to say that it really doesn't...at all). It seems to me that it's a pretty standard metal-esque distortion, maybe with fewer harmonics on top.

That said, I liked what I heard.

3. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Great, thanks. Guess I' m not getting it anymore. Kinda no name brand too so I' m thinking of staying away from it. :meh:

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I got a chance to try one a long time ago. It's a great sounding fuzz. Holds the low end well and the gate keeps it fairly tight.

I haven't tried the guitar version but from the clips it sounds much more gated and sputtery (hence 8-bit sounding) than the bass version. I wonder if the mods to pass more bass frequencies also changed the character of the fuzz.

However, IIRC there was a thread or two way back when about people having issues getting their orders from FX Doctor. I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, but for some reason I'm recalling a red flag regarding him.

5. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Ha! I e-mailed Joshua from the FX Doctor couple of days ago. He seemed annoyed for I was asking too many questions. :spit:

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    wow that sounds nothing like "8-bit".

If you want 8-bit esque then get the Devi Ever Bit: Legend of Fuzz. Seriously.