1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FX Loop with serial and parallel setting

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by caeman, Jul 3, 2012.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I love the idea behind the Red Witch Titan delay. You get three delays and they can be run in parallel or serial. The FX loop on the first delay is an even cooler addition, but I am curious to emulate the serial/parallel method of delays. I am trying to find an FX loop pedal that would allow me to select the FX loops in serial (A to B) or parallel (A and B summed).

A Google search uncovered the Pigtronix Keymaster, but at that price, I might as well spend an extra $100 and get the Titan. The LS2 comes close with A+B, not serial A -> B.

My Google Fu is failing me. :facepalm:

I just know there has to be something closer to an LS2 cost that can do this. It doesn't have to have level controls, just a switch to choose parallel or serial operation.

2. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    xotic make an effects blender

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    The Xotic X-Blender seems to fit the bill. A slightly lower price.

With as many loops pedals that Wounded Paw offered, I was sure that one of them would offer a series/parallel option, but no. At least, not that I could find.

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    WHAT read closer Caeman, I know they have parallel loopers. Check out their super blender.

5. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    But not SERIAL.

6. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Maybe not on every loop but there are options for series, I thought, B->C is definately an option that I have seen on the Super Blender v3.

If not, contact Wounded Paw.

7. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
  8. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Ah ha! And so it does! Thank you for pointing this out.

9. DeltaPhoenix

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    No Problem my man!

10. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
  11. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    I have sent a message to Wounded Paw asking if they have a significantly simpler 2-channel version possible.

12. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I think that would be a good call. In order to fit in all the switches and dials for four channels means it has to be a big box, but there's lots of empty space inside.

I would also ask if there was a way to control the dip switches without having to take the back off it. They are a really cool feature.