Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FX on mids & highs, clean lows

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ToneRanger, Mar 2, 2005.

1. I want to use FX on my bass without losing the tight clean lows, so I'm after a loop with a crossover in it. I tried Tym Guitars' BigBottom (http://www.tymguitars.com.au/pedals.html) which does this, but it coloured the sound and added noise, and there was no way to bypass it.
    Anyone know of other pedal options? (I'd rather not buy a rack mount crossover)

2. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    what type of setup do you have? if you use a bi-amp rig, you can split your signal (splitter box) and only run the FX thru the high side. You wouldn't need a x-over...technically, it's running full range..but you can EQ each cab for highs and low. That's one way I do it. It keeps your low end thump while adding the FX to the top end. The octave divider likes to run on the low signal...but the distortion and envelope go to the high cab.

3. I'm not bi-amping - just a single Eden head & cab. I love the low end of my 210XST and don't want to mess with it, but still want to use envelope filter, distortion & a few other wacky things.

4. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    oh..I see, It will be tough to separate your highs and lows then.
    hmmm..I hope some of the gurus have an answer for you. I'm curious to find out if there is a device that will accomplish this.

5. If your amp has a blendable parallel FX loop, then you could use an EQ pedal to take out all the low end before it hits your chorus or envelope filter for example.

I'm not sure if your Eden head has this.

6. I would say get an EQ pedal to put on the output of your FX. Roll off the low end. I would say put the EQ after effects in your FX loop.
    Dirk