1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FYI...LaBella Nylon Tapewounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Sundogue, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Just some info for those of you who may want to try LaBella Black Nylon Tapewounds...

I found out that while LaBella does make extra long scale strings, they need to be special ordered and can take anywhere from a month to several months to get them.

However, the standard strings will fit a long scale bass . They will fit my Cirrus Bass which needs a string that goes 37" from the ball end to the nut. The strings are 48" long.

Also, Carvin sells them for $24.99 plus $7.99 shipping for a total of $32.98 (and they are the LaBella strings not LaBella's made for Carvin). That is almost $20 less than anywhere else online.

I just thought I would provide this info as it has taken me over week of frustrating e-mails and phone calls to get this information.

One would think this info would be readily available from retailers and/or manufacturers. String gauge info is all over the place, but apparently actual string length is a closely guarded industry secret.

Fortunately we have this BBS to share much needed information.

Thanks to all who helped!

Mark

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Don't even get me started on string tension(s). Grrr :mad:.

Aside from Thomastik and (I think) D'Addario, GHS...fu-ghed abowt it.