FYI - Mesa Powerhouse 210 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PJaye, Apr 3, 2004.

1. PJaye

Feb 2, 2004

I was speaking with the parts guy at Mesa yesterday about 16-ohm drivers and he told me that the new Powerhouse 210 cabinet is now coming through as a 600W box (2-300W drivers).

The older version is only rated at 300W. This could open-up some posibilties in downsizing to a punchy, more portable rig.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just a warning.......

Dont expect a 2-10 to be too loud no matter how effiient t is and how much power it handles. The surface area of the speakers is still pretty small and that makes a huge difference.

Also, doubling your wattage only give you 3 db increase in volume on average.

3. 810wmb

Jan 29, 2000
    :confused: the one out now is rated at 600 watts.....
  4. droskobass

Oct 8, 2007
    Montreal, Canada
    Former Part-Time, Non-Commission Employee MOOG Audio
    I use a single 210.

It delivers the goods in small clubs, but 410's would provide a better monitor.

600watt speakers can handle more power before failing, but aren't any more efficient at the same power level (as far as I know) but I've never seen mesa publish any tech specs on any of their gear...they either feel that competing on spec is BS and that using your ears is the best test...I agree. If anything the power rating and handling on all their stuff is conservative.
  5. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I had the 600 watt 2x10. It absorbs a lot of power and pushes out mids. I wouldnt use it by itself unless I was playing a coffee shop.
  6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    But does a 600 watt 2x10 translate to a 1200 watt 4x10 from Mesa? an 1800 watt 6x10?

The 900 watt powerhouse 610 I tried with my DB 750 a little while ago was LOOUUDDD.

and actually sounded pretty good too.
  7. brianbj46

Aug 11, 2006
    madison, wi
    I have a PH210 that's a few years old, and it says 600 watts on the back. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be RMS or peak, but i assumed it was peak.
  8. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    It's voiced totally different from the 4x10 and other cabs.
  9. RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I've got one on top of a Powerhouse 410, good god it's awesome. I was told by someone here on TB that it wasn't a good match up, but I beg to differ. And, as 210's go, the Mesa is by far got the most range, from deep bottom to crispy highs. I may have GAS for something, but not speaker cabs.