FYI - Music 123 - WARNING

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Reggae Eric, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005
    I ordered a Line 6 Bass PODxt and headphones 8 days ago. They still have not left the warehouse. I email support to find out what the holdup is...

"We are meging 3 warehouses and it might delay shipping"...

Everytime I order from these people it ends up being a hastle... Now they will not respond to my emails.

Just thought I would warn everyone...
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    sorry to hear about that.
    On the contrasting side, I've placed about 6 different orders from them in the past and have never had an issue.
  3. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that, too. They should definitely let you know if there's going to be a shipping delay. But like Davidmwilson, I've had good experience with them. Let's hope your experience is an isolated one (which still doesn't do you much good).
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had such a bad experience with them on my first order, I will never buy anything from them, and recommend that you don't either.
  5. Nova

Apr 19, 2002
    Williamstown, WV
    That's horrible. I ordered from them a month ago and didn't have any problems at all.
  6. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That sucks man.

I've done a few orders with MusiciansFriend and it has always been fast and accurate.
  7. Reggae Eric

Reggae Eric

Jun 24, 2005
    Day 10 and counting... with a holiday weekend coming... I bet it will be 15-20 days.

8. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    That pedal is awesome :)
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Its a hassle now, but it'll be better in the long run. I used to order (sax and clarinet) reeds from them because they shipped from a Warehouse in Cherry Hill, NJ about an hour from here, so they arrived the next day. However, placing larger orders, throwing the reeds in on top, usually arrived at different times from different places. That was a hassle.

Once they're done with the merger, things will be more consistent, easier to manage, and frankly, unless you can have exactly the same thing in every warehouse, one central location is key.

From Batman Begins:
    Q: Why do we fall down?
    A: To learn to get back up.
  10. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I've ordered a couple pedals and a couple other small items from Music123 and it's been good each time. They are a little slower than MusiciansFriend, but quality nonetheless.
  11. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I've ordered at least 6 things from them in the last 6 months and have had no problems other than one back ordered item(no big deal). Items usually arrive sooner than expected. Anyway you can always cancel the order and get it from somewhere else if you're not happy.
  12. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    I placed and order July 14th. It's now Aug 2 and still email responses, not straight answers except that 'merging warehouses' crap.
  13. I ordered one thing from Music123 and the experience was sketchy. I bought an Artcore Ibanez hollowbody for the hell of it.

I haggled the sales lady to sell it to me for $240 with the case. She left me on hold for 5 minutes, returned, and accepted my offer.

I get the guitar and there's no case. I call her and she tells me "We didn't agree on a case. When did I say you'd get the case. I sold it to you for $40 less than the marked price."

She basically lied and screwed me. I haven't ordered from her again.
  14. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I ordered a "not factory sealed" Aguilar 1X12 combo from Music123 a few weeks ago. I was happy with the price I got but shipping was slow. I think it took about 3 days before it shipped, where as when I get something from MF, it's usually pretty fast. Anyway, I got the amp and saw that the power cord had the wall end cut off. Dave at Aguilar told me this may have been a model set to be sent to Europe and I got it by mistake. I called customer service and the rep was very nice and put in an order for a new cord to be shipped to me. Once I started playing it (with a cord I had from my SWR), I was getting a really loud buzzing from the head whenever I'd hit an open A. Something was definately loose inside. I wound up calling up to ship it back and the rep again was nice, didn't give me any hassle about it, and answered all my questions. UPS picked it up 2 days later which went smoothly, which I was happy about considering I've never done that before. The only other problem I had was that it took them a while to process my refund. They got the amp and about 5 days later I still didn't have my money. I called them up again and the rep said "oh well let me refund that for you" and I had the money. Which made me think that they were sitting on their hands about giving it to me.

Over all, my experience with THEM (amp excluded) wasn't bad. The only thing that bothers me is that Dave also said that because it was an NFS, it means that someone else probably got it and returned it. If that's true, that means they sold a defective product which wasn't even meant to be sold in this country to two different people. From now on if I get anything from them it's going to be new condition.
  15. realdeal

realdeal Banned

Dec 10, 2004
    Check this-
    I ordered a couple sets of GHS strings from 123- they shipped the wrong gauge- Ok, mistakes DO happen.
    They re-shipped by Fed-Ex, no charge- tho inadvertantly to my home ship-to address- I was on the road at the time I placed the order.

I called them- They shipped FedEx again, to the correct address, told me to keep the sets waiting for me at home, as well as the original mis-shipped sets.

In effect, 6 sets of strings for 2 (well, 4 sets I would use!)

Yes, they made a mistake, twice- One order was picked incorrectly, the other order was entered incorrectly, but
    they went the extra mile to make things right, even on a small order. Their Customer Service Manager called me with tracking info, and even followed up.
    I thought that was outstanding, and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.
    I know it sucks when things go wrong, but it's how they handle mistakes and how they regard the customer that earns loyalty from me, anyway.
  16. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *cough* *cough*
  17. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    My beef is, the credit card has been billed and I've sat by patiently since the 14th.

I'm going to try them again tomorrow - hopefully I can get some answers.
  18. realdeal

realdeal Banned

Dec 10, 2004

Well, actually I've had some problems with JustStrings, a shipping issue, really, they had an order delayed because they ship by US Mail, with no traceability. Their customer service was totally unresponsive to me. I DO like their prices on the RotoSounds and TI's I use, so I found a solution-
    Musician's Friend will match their price, (on the Rotos that they carry) and ships UPS...... so-

Also, Barfly, if you haven't done so already, ask to speak directly with the Customer Service Manager. I hope they get on it with your issue as quick as they did with mine- Good Luck!
  19. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I ordered a pedal on the 24th, they told me it would take AT LEAST 8 business days to ship and the shipping was free because of the delay. I hope it comes before the 15th of August, that would be great!
  20. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I just bought a cab from there. They warned in advance it would take a while to ship, and I got free shipping also