1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FYI New Eminence Drivers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PJaye, Feb 19, 2008.

1. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    No twelve will pair well with a tweeter IMO. I've measured the off-axis response of the 3012LF and the 3012HO and in a direct radiating cab both work best crossed to a midrange driver at 1kHz. Any higher the off-axis response is inadequate.

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Bill are you currently testing prototypes of the 3012?

3. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I'm pretty sure he's mentioned before that he has some of the new Kappalite 12s for testing. He posted above that he's measuring off axis response, so I guess that answers your question right there.

4. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

You don't see many 12"+mid configuration (I know, I know, because of cost). I guess it makes sense though. A 12" should start beaming around 1.2kHz-1.3kHz; not to far off from a 15".

Maybe the 3012LF would pair up well with the 18 Sound 6ND410, some of the less sensitive B&C mids (6MDN44, 6MD38, 6PEV13).

There are some lower priced compression drivers that might go that low with the correct horn. The Selenium D250-X driver and HL14-25 horn come to mind. That could be a less expensive option if you don't want to go with the more spendy mid drivers.

5. My God, I had no idea that high quality Mid drivers were so expensive.

Guess I've got a real gem in my Musicman HD-212. I was a little concerned about how well the Emi Deltalite II 12's would play with the mid driver in my cab, but it turned out to be an amazing combination.

6. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'm surprised this thread is dormant given that the 3012LF is now officially released.

Has any one got a WinISD driver file (WDR) for this baby?

KO

Added: Greenboy posted it here: http://lowdownlowdown.com/greenboy/DL/WinISD/

7. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Check sig.