Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G.A.S. Cured........For now

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alx564, Apr 13, 2001.

1. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Hey Guys,

Well I am proud to say that I have now officialy bought me third bass. And this time it is a pretty nice bass. I got a Cort Curbow 4 Fretted on eBay. It is a nice red and looks beautiful. It is definetely going to need to be cleaned though by the looks of the pictures. If you want to check out the auction it's right here http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1422246240.

I got it for $227 which I think is really sweet because I hear most people get them for about $300+ used. I have been playing for about 1.5 years and I am 15 so I don't have much money to blow so this was great for me. I find the best way to cure G.A.S. for the money deprieved is to buy little things. Like two months ago I bought an effect pedal and last month I bought two new cables. I know these last two products are so incredibly exciting....but it is all I can do to keep sane.

I would like to hear your opinions the Curbow if anyone has anything to add. I haven't received the bass yet but I will make sure to post a review when I do.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Congrats! I heard a lot of people make a lot of positive comments on them. So I'm assuming you'll like it.

I'm also 15... but then again... I've been playing for 4 years. I've aquired a lot in that amount of time...

Never owned a cort though...

I've owned just about one out of every series fender you can imagine.

hehe. G.A.S. pains have been acting up on me too... I'm thinking about getting an electric and take lessons on that too... So then when I'm jamming with people I can help them if they're not too good... (not too many good guitarists around here)

But I think I'm gonna decide on a 4th bass instead... hmmm... G.A.S pains... ouchies.

I'm still debating on the bass to get though...
    I need something that's clear and deep sounding...
    I think a rumblefish XL (4) will do nicely... either that or a mim fender p and I'll just tear it apart and pretty much replace everything except the tuners, body, and neck... hehe

I'm not sure which would be cheaper...

3. I've played one before, it was pretty tight...I liked it alot......

You must be psyched, best of luck with it.....:D

P.S.
    Yeah and that was a great price....

4. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Thanks guys.

Hey Christos that thing under your name (the smiley) is awesome. Where did you find that.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    You make the smiley by typing :D

6. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    No, No I am sorry I should have made that clearer. I meant under his title (Supporting Member). The smile that turns into an evil bat. That thing.

7. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Im sure you will be happy with it...
    I have 2 of those, a 6 String and a 5 String Fretless.
    If you find that you cannot get the action low enough, please contact me.
    I have heard of many people trying to get a very low action on it, so I have a few tips that will be very helpfull and increse its playability.

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats, alx! If the electronics and neck are in good shape on the bass, you got a great deal!

[​IMG]

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Congratulations. for the price, it seems pretty sweet. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

Will C.:cool: