Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G.A.S. the silent killer (confessions of a junkie)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Aug 29, 2005.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    So I am aware of the myriad of P bass threads. I own a P-bass myself and I do enjoy the tone. That said, I also have a Warwick corvette FNA that just hasn't been working out for me - but I really really like the neck. (the wenge neck are thinner :spit: I don't care what anyone says! :p ) So I am at a crossing - that is intensified by debt (ain't that always the truth) which means that something has got to go.

I have many bass parts lying around (three bodies, two necks, hardware, pickups, etc.) And I have the Dirnt and the Warwick.

So my question is should I change the body of the Warwick and attempt to dump everything else. Should I keep the Dirnt and dump everything else.

OR, should build a sweet '57 style P-bass (already have the body and neck) and dump every thing else.

Or should I just dump it ALL. and start over with a custom PJ jazz style loaded with Nordies.

I'm all over the place. But I think i have one more chance to right some wrong turns.

Any advice with other's G.A.S. attacks would be useful here.
    Especially from those who dumped everything to either get their dream bass(es) or to realize what they had truly lost.

I've been through the ringer with guitars and I vowed not to repeat with basses but it looks like it's going that way.

:help:

~Michael

On a lighter note I am perfectly happy with my U5/PLX/schroeder rig (especially since I'm moving up to a 410 :D )