1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G.A.S WARNIG!!! Trace Elliot NOS V4 on "the bay"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K-T, Feb 17, 2008.

1. K-T

K-T

May 25, 2007
    tasmania, australia
  2. mlove

mlove

Jun 12, 2005
    Fredericton
    NICE!!!

I still have not figured out why Peavey bought Trace Elliot and haven't brought back the tube heads? (V8 anyone)

To me it is like someone buying gibson and not making electric guitars.
    Makes no sense to me?

3. Maybe because TE was most notably remembered for the SS amps? Or maybe they are working on new tube amps?

Peavey dont really have anything to do with TE, other than distribution as far as im aware.

And oh, the V4 has been on ebay for well over a year, the price tag is far too high. See V4's in great shape popping up reasonably regularly, and they tend to go for under £500 (often under £400)

4. K-T

K-T

May 25, 2007
    tasmania, australia
    i heard a romour i while back they where working on some right now :hyper: but, it's just that.............a romour.

5. Beachcoma

Beachcoma

Mar 19, 2007
    Utrecht
    Wow!!! gimme one of those:D

6. K-T

K-T

May 25, 2007
    tasmania, australia
    here's a quote from deksawyer in the new all tube peavey VB3 & VB2 thread on page 2,

"Trace Elliot are planning to release a new range of all tube amps in a few months as well.....I had dinner with the UK MD of Peavey/Trace a few weeks ago.

There's also meant to be some newer versions of the old BLX (bollocks) series as well..........

Not a big fan of the green stuff myself though."

all we can do is wait, or maybe e-mail trace and see what they say.

7. If they were releasing some new valve stuff in the near future, you'd have thought it would have been shown at NAMM?

8. Oh no, i knew about the peaveys (really cant wait for the bigger one to come out!)

Its soley the TEs i was refering to

9. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    gotcha. I'm curious about the Trace. I love my V-Type