Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G.A.S.!??!?!?!?!?!!??!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ty McNeely, Jan 13, 2001.

1. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    All this talk of you people getting new basses is starting to take it's toll on me. My MIM Fender is good, and I love it (I'll most likely never sell it), but I'm starting to feel the urge for something....different. I hear the talk of Laklands and Zons and all this and I just get this little twitch thing going. I went down to my local store the other day and noodled on some of the basses down there, but it didn't worsen my GAS, nor did it help it any. I guess I'll hafta go buy a cord or something to quench the desire to buy.

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I know what you mean. I bought a string winder this week. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, that felt good.
    Doc

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    OK. I give up. What the hell is GAS?

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    G.A.S.= Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Most dangerous disease known to man (or just bass players):D

5. I know exactly what you guys are talking about. I get those urges all the time. Right now I'm jonezin' for a newer and more powerful amp.

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    right now.. Im the urge for an SVT115E 1x15" Cab to complement my 410HE ,(I need more lows for my 6 string bass)
    After that... Im in the need of a Warwick Streamer LX 6 String, or a Corvete Proline 6 String Broadneck.

after that, Its definetly an SVTIII-PRO Bass Head..
    I need to replace my Hartke2000, it will be too weak for my cabs.

hehe...
    Thank God I have dealer prices on all of this stuff, Im starting a store where I live, It will be called Poto´s Music Dealer.
    You know whats to have catalogs on every line you sell?
    Im drooling ...

[Edited by lfabara on 01-13-2001 at 02:13 PM]

7. rooster

rooster

Jun 10, 2000
    upstate new york
    I HAD G A S !!!! SO I WENT AND ORDERED A CUSTOM G&L ASAT BASS FROM TIM AT BUFFALO BROS.THE ONLY BAD THING WAS HE TOLD ME BECAUSE OF THE NAMM SHOWS COMING UP IT WOULD TAKE EVEN LONGER TO GET.ESTIMATED TIME 15 TO 17 WEEKS MAN WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ???I ORDERED A CURLY MAPLE TOP OVER SWAMP ASH BODY WITH A WHITE BINDING ON TOP WITH THE BIRDSEYE MAPLE NECK ROSEWOOD BOARD.I HAD IT DONE WITH GOLD HARDWARE AND A NATURAL FINISH. :D CANT WAIT TO GET IT.WIFE SAYS NO MORE BASSES FOR ME FOR AWHILE:( GUESS I'LL HAVE TO PLAY MY STINGRAY ANNIVERSARY BASS FOR AWHILE. :cool: WELL GOT SOME G A S SO I SPENT SOME MONEY TO RELIEVE IT NOW IM BROKE.ISN'T THIS FUN:).

AND REMEMBER AS ALWAYS ROCK TILL YA DROP !!!!!!!!!

[Edited by rooster on 01-13-2001 at 02:47 PM]

8. It feels good to spend money on things like Expensive basses and bigger amps. My friends and my mom tell me that I should stop buying musical stuff and save to get a new car. Well, all I can say is that after today i will be driving my 1980 Malibu Classic Station Wagon for at least another 2 months!!!!!!!

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hankerin' for my MM Stingray 5 w/ Peizo bridge...Homer On: Mmmm...Stingray....:Homer off.

I Want my Stingray 5!!!

10. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    LOL!!!
    ROFTLMAO!!!!!!
    LOOOOOOOOL!!!!!
    HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    I just cant stop laughing!!!
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11. Yeah, 3 Spector and I still want more!!! Like a drug, one can never have enough!

12. Give Me Warwick
    [​IMG]
    Yeah that feels better. For Now

13. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow! that's trippy! I was just gonna post about this topic and I saw your Warwick photo.I was in a store tonight that has an NOS Wawick FNA 5 JUST LIKE the one in your photo,the same color and flame on the top!And the best(or worst,depending on the perspective one takes)part is it's on sale for $999...BUT WAIT,the guy said he'd go even lower and he's holding it for me for 48 hrs while I decide.The hell of it is,I just bought a Thumb Bolt On 5 in November,and I really like it,BUT I REALLY LIKE THIS FNA,TOO!!! Anyone know a good 12 step program?

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Right now I really want to order a Kinal MK5-B. I also want a 15in extension cab for my Carvin RC210, although realistically I have absolutely no need for it. Someone should start a counseling program. Think of it: BPA - Bass Players Anonymous.

15. JimTBP, sell the Malibu and regret it forever!!!

Unless you get into a Suburban or something, you'll never get another car that will hold the same amount of gear as the Malibu will. To boot, it's got a tailgate and easy loading! Mark my words - next to a good amp, something to tote it in is the most valuable piece of gear you can have.

16. My car gets me from point a to point b just fine but,
    -No A/c
    -mono radio
    -cruise (sometimes)
    -rear window pneumatic things leak, doesnt keep window open
    -light blue (and rust)
    -chicks don't dig the shaggin wagon
    -my friends dont like to ride in it
    -gas milage 9-10 (on a 3.8 V6)

The only thing cool about my car is the Dice and the Sheepskin steering wheel cover.

17. You guys gave me GAS too! I've got a sqaure jawed rasberry for a GK head, and a MM Stingray, and a Carl Thomson bass (just like Les!!!)

18. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    *turn on mad scientist voice*

POWER,POWER...I WANT MORE POWER!!!!!
    *voice off*

GAS is rampant here in NC. Right now i am considering effects, power amps, Basses and whatever else will put more idiot lights in my rack.

19. freddylang

freddylang

Dec 24, 2000
    Columbus, OH.
    This sounds like a support group but I've got it too. I had to buy some casters from keeping myself from buying an extra cab for my combo amp. Someone's gonna have to lock me up when i get my tax return. I just bought a house and I don't have any pictures on my walls, Help me!!!! I'm staring at my amp right now thinking how good a 15" cab would look on it. MMMMMMMM.... 15" cab. (drool)

20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I've got GAS for this!!!

[​IMG]

I wish the sale of my ex-employer would go through so I can get my money!

:mad: