G and L 2000 vs. warwick corvette

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 7, 2005.

1. How about it folks. What would be the better buy. No particular style of music is involved. Just 2 basses that have caught my eye.
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Touch choice. pre '1998 warwick corvette wins. Post 98.. id take the G &L.
  3. My new favorite bass. :)
  4. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I am a recent convert. I played a Warwick Corvette Standard for about 4 years but recently switched to a G&L Tribute L2000. The deciding factor for me was the comfort of the neck. Over time I somehow became more comfortable on a thinner (front to back) neck which the G&L had. I have never played an American G&L but I imagine they are just as nice if not better. Also the tonal versatility of the G&L is amazing..... the controls are intimidating at first but easy to get the hang of.

To make a long story short.....I would pick the G&L.

Of course this goes without saying : be sure to play both and take note of things you like and don't like about each. :smug:
  5. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Ummmmmmmmm............I'm going to go with G&L
  6. StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Personal preference here, but:
    Warwick Corvette for tone and looks
    G&L for neck comfort and versatility

However, I really like the thick necks on Warwick 4 strings because it makes me feel as if I'm not playing an instrument that is, well, brittle. Something like that. It just feels right to me. However, a Warwick 5 string hurts my wrist a bit...so
  7. Yes I have one...

Yes I recommend it. Very versatile, LOTS of options, hand craftsmanship, incredible neck.

Just my opinion.
  8. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Look at it this way, most bassists agree that the stingray is one of the most in your face basses out there, G&L is twice that. No-one does humbuckers like Leo, and G&L has two of them.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Should consider a bongo. Bongo > both. :p
  10. Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    "Should consider a bongo. Bongo > both. "

I SECOND THAT! I'm selling my STREAMER LX5 for a Bongo!