Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G. Gould Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boogiebass, Oct 27, 2002.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Anybody had any experience with the GGi6? Even if you just picked one up and diddled with it, I'd be interested to hear impressions/comparisons, etc. Thanks.

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    There is a Gould at BassNW. I think that it's a 5 string but I don't remember. I do remember that I stared at it thinking that it sure looked like a nice bass. But I was there to look at a spalt topped fretless Zon.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Staring at one does NOT qualify as "diddling with, " Jerry! :D Actually, that one is a sixer. I agree it's nice looking.

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I was at BNW to trade my fretless plus another bass for the Zon but it was gone. And as I just got my F Bass I didn't have any justification for another fretted bass. So I stayed away from everything else in the store other than the used f-less Fodera that they had just received.

But I did toss around the idea of having Aaron pull it down off the wall for me to dink around with.

5. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I am very curious about these as well. Does anyone have experience with Geoff Gould's basses???