1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

G&H Cables from Stompin-Ground?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mikeddd, May 7, 2010.

1. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    http://www.stompin-ground.com/products/patch-mogami-gh-over.htm

I'm strongly considering buying a bunch of the G&L cables from the above web vendor. I can measure my pedalboard and come up with accurate enough measurements (and then I'll add 2") and get a custom set.

I was considering George L's. But as nice as they look, I just can't get my mind to trust them...the thought of troubleshooting 30-something different possible failure points in the middle of a set makes my head spin.

Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share with the G&L cables? They certainly look robust. Thanks.

Mike D

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    G&H plugs and Mogami wire are excellent components, so those should also be excellent cables, assuming the soldering is done well.

3. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    I'd hit this guy up for some high quality cables at great prices. I've had several good transactions with him. Quick turnaround and he stands by his work if there are any issues. Can get your choice of Evidence Audio Monorail or Evidence Audio Melody. I get the Mono's because they are less bulky for pedal to pedal connections.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/thread/1525257

4. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland

You are most certainly a bass player. Freudian slip much?

5. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks for the tip on an alternate source, Kenstee; I check it out. I appreciate the "those are good cables" Bongomania.

LOL, MooseLumps. I didn't see anything wrong with my OP when I wrote it, but now...yeah. :oops:

6. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Yeah, Aaron's a good guy. If you hook up tell him I said Hello.

7. mtripper

mtripper

Feb 8, 2009
    I have a ton of those, I use them exclusively on my pedal boards. I also replaced most of my instruments cables with ones made from them and haven't had a single problem. I think they are well made and the company has been good to work with. My favorite instrument cable is the x-band wire with neutrik ends, the cable is very flexible.

8. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you, mtripper. I appreciate the user testimonial. Sorry for not getting back to my own thread sooner. :oops: