Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&K 1001RB 210 combo Review

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ustillflyin, Jun 23, 2003.

1. ustillflyin

ustillflyin Guest

Oct 14, 2002
    Southeast MI.
    Hey all,

Picked up a brand spanking new G & K 1001 rb 210 combo and I had to a first impression review.

All review item rated on a scale of 1 to 5

Tone: 5
    Absolutely the best tonal quality that I have experienced yet. In a very bass Freq. heavy room I was able to keep a floor moving bass note without sacrificing any clarity or definition.
    Volume: 5
    This thing blew my previous stack away and still had more to give. (Previous stack was Hartke HA3000 driving a Peavey 412S and a slaved QSC RMX 850 in bridged mono driving a Peavey 115BX)
    Features: 5
    Many useful features on this amp. I liked the seperate direct out volume control and the fact that I can now drive that QSC/115 slave rig from the effect send plug.
    Portablity: 4
    Although the added wheels and extending handle are very nice features at is still a heavy box to pick up and the wheels are basically useless on stairs.

Overall I am very pleased with this amp. I will give a longer term review after I've used it for a while, also I'll post pictures later (when I get around to taking them)

2. Hey thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you like the amp. Try it out with a 115RBH cabinet sometime if you get the chance.

Dan

3. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    A slaved QSC in bridged mono mode? That's 600 watts into 8 ohms! The 1001RB isn't that powerful on its own is it? Did GK increase the power output on the new models?

4. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I just bought a GK 700RB 2 weeks ago.

After much testing and comparison to other amps this amp just blew away every other.

The amount of power it supplies is great. I'm also starting to find out how to use all the settings on this amp and I'm finding some pretty great sounds! Love the GK growl!

This amp is also super loud and could be quite possible for the 1001RB to school the QSC

5. ustillflyin

ustillflyin Guest

Oct 14, 2002
    Southeast MI.
    Yes the 1001 drives the QSC fairly well (IMHO)
    I'm using the FX send out to the input on the
    QSC, however the QSC is driving that PV 115BX
    @ 4 ohms which should give me about 10% head room

6. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Congratulations on the new Combo...I play through a SWR SM 400 and an Epifani 2*12. At a recent Jam i got to plug into that same combo paired with a 115RBH. WOW! With my Modulus Quantum i felt like Flea...i guess that the sound that seperates this amps from others is that famous growl they have...The sound is so aggresive! the attack was amazing..I loved playing through the rig. Michael :bassist: