Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G-K 1001RB-II with Bag End S15-D and ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andy Brown, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    I'm finally gettin' a G-K 1001RB-II. I've already got a Bag End S15-D, and probably need another cab. I'm just wondering what others would get. Initially, I would think the S15-XD might do it, but a 2x10 might be great as well.

FWIW, I'm mainly playing rock to hard rock covers with an occasional need for jazz.

2. Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave

Oct 17, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I haven't had the chance to try Bag End, but if you've already got a 1x15 cab, I think you'd be better served with a 2x10, no matter what brand you're using.....but that's just me. I also play rock/hard rock covers, use the GK700RB-II with this speaker configuration and it sounds great.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i've used my S15 with a bunch of other cabs.

as far as bag end goes, adding an S15X will give you a good amount more low end and some nice "sheen". an S12 will give you a very aggressive midrange, that and the S15 are my favorite combo. adding a D10B or D10BX will give you a lot more low end, not as much mids as adding an S15, and definitely not as much as adding an S12. of course the D10BX will give you some hi end "sparkle" as well.