Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G-K 400RB footswitch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Aug 3, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I just picked up a used G-K 400RB off eBay, and have a question that's not addressed at G-K's site or anywhere else I've looked. (The 400RB manual on G-K's site is a bit thin on information.)

This is the version that has a jack next to the boost knob.

What switchbox will work with this, and what will it control? I've heard that it will switch boost on and off only, but I've also heard it will control boost and will also switch the effects loop on and off.

Who has a 400RB that can help?

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've owned a 400B, 400RB, and 800RB. I understand that the switch will turn on the boost circuit on/off. I don't think it affects the loop. I used to set the boost at about 8:30-9:00 o'clock and have it switched off for normal playing. When my bass solo came up, I'd hit the footswitch for a boost in volume during my solo. just about any on/off switch will work with it.

I now have a 1001RB which has a boost control but no footswitch jack. I run the boost at about 9:00-10:00 o'clock all the time for a little growl. thus, it's on all the time. I believe that this is how most people use the boost control.

3. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Any 1-button on/off footswitch will work with the old 400RB or 800RB to toggle the boost function on and off.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Thanks, guys!