G?K 700 vs. Eden WT300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fly, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Fly

Feb 18, 2000
    I am looking at a Gallien Krueger 700 (new) vs. a two year old Eden WT 300 in excellent condition. Both are similar in price, around 450.00 and both will meet my needs. I am planning to pair the one I buy with a Bag End 15. Any thoughts on this. I have used GK before and been very happy with it, but have heard such good things about the Eden line. Both sound great in the store. The GK seems a little more versatile, but a little hissy at high volumes. The Eden sure is smooth. I usually play small jazzy type gigs, but once in while find myself in a medium sized funk situation that requires more slap and pop. I do like to solo and in these situations like to heard (when things are going well!http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif) so I need to cut through.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your input!
  2. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I've never owned a G-K but I have certainly auditioned a lot of them. They are nice amps.I am an Eden guy however( WT-500)and your comment about Eden smoothness is definitely one of the defining qualities vis-a-vis the G-K.If small jazz rooms are your thing then the Eden WT 300 will be a fabulous choice. In my guitar life I played for a couple of year with a Bass player who had a WT 300. It sounded great even with his questionable choice of cabinets. ( he used a Warwick 410 and a homemade 115). I would go for the Eden.