Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G?K 700 vs. Eden WT300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fly, Sep 25, 2000.

1. Fly

Fly

Feb 18, 2000
    I am looking at a Gallien Krueger 700 (new) vs. a two year old Eden WT 300 in excellent condition. Both are similar in price, around 450.00 and both will meet my needs. I am planning to pair the one I buy with a Bag End 15. Any thoughts on this. I have used GK before and been very happy with it, but have heard such good things about the Eden line. Both sound great in the store. The GK seems a little more versatile, but a little hissy at high volumes. The Eden sure is smooth. I usually play small jazzy type gigs, but once in while find myself in a medium sized funk situation that requires more slap and pop. I do like to solo and in these situations like to heard (when things are going well!http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif) so I need to cut through.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I've never owned a G-K but I have certainly auditioned a lot of them. They are nice amps.I am an Eden guy however( WT-500)and your comment about Eden smoothness is definitely one of the defining qualities vis-a-vis the G-K.If small jazz rooms are your thing then the Eden WT 300 will be a fabulous choice. In my guitar life I played for a couple of year with a Bass player who had a WT 300. It sounded great even with his questionable choice of cabinets. ( he used a Warwick 410 and a homemade 115). I would go for the Eden.