1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G-K Neo 212-II or Avatar B2126 for overdriven tones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Songbeard, Jan 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Songbeard

Songbeard

Jan 2, 2016
    Within the next few months I'm putting together a new bass rig, with the Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II as the head. The two basses I will be playing through it are a Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass and an Epiphone Accu Bass(P bass copy).

Anybody have experience with the two cabs mentioned in the topic title that might be able to chime in?

From what I can tell, the G-K Neo 212 would be better for utilizing the HMS of the head for a cleaner top end, but the Avatar's midrange driver would offer better usability with drive pedals at the cost of some top end with clean tones.

Just looking for some outside perspective, I like aggressive mids and punch that hits you right in the chest. Recommendations for other potential cabinets are welcome, but I'd like to keep the cost under $700. I live in the States.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Two loud guitarists? I think you should be looking at the 1001RB along with two cabs. The 700RB would be good with two cabs also. I think you will need the extra oomph for shows. I feel you would be pushing a single cab far too hard to keep up.

In regards to your tone dilemma, I am not sure.