Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L 2500 for Rock?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have a shot at a nice lefty 2500 (not Tribute) I play classic and modern rock covers, and I have read other threads which stated that the the 2500 was best suited for Jazz and Country. Any hard rockers out there playing 2500's? Why or why not?

2. I have played a L2000/L2500 for various types of music and it works perfect for me in all cases. The bass has a variety of sounds that you can adjust to the songs at hand.

Read some reviews.

L2500 Reviews

Also of it's four string brother.

L2000 Reviews

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    :bassist:
    Does this answer your question? ;)

Serioulsy, the L2500 is a great bass for anything.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The L2500 is hands down the best none-boutique 5 string bass ive ever played.

Infact, the Tribute L2500 is worth a look too, in my opinion just as great sounding as the "real deal" just alot less expensive!

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I can't imagine why anyone would say a L2500 is suited only for jazz or country. L2500 electronics are among the most versatile that exist.

6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks. Just needed some reassurance.

What is the #10 neck like? I generally prefer close string spacing and thin necks.

7. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I owned an L2500 for a couple of years and i don't know what number neck was on it but it was comfortable to me. It seemed a bit chunkier than my SR5 but it was still very comfortable and the string spacing seemed just right to me.
    I still regret selling that bass. :(

8. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Mine is a Tribute, but yes it absolutely rocks - the US version will be similar I understand. I use it whan I need something more aggressive than my Jazz...

9. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    The combination of G&L MFD's and the tri-tone circuit, with a good amp, will blowyou away. They grrrrrowwwl, and can rock as hard as you need. I have an ASAT, and G&L basses take a back seat to no bass in sound and build, no matter how much you wanna pay----Be assured!

10. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Listen to Larry he's right on the money. An L2500 played with a pick through an SVT = Rock and Roll. :)