Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G&L 2500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Nov 18, 2002.

1. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Just wondering... what's the neck profile like on these babies? Is it like a baseball bat, like I imagine it would be, or something closer to a 5-string Stingray or Jazz?

There's one I'm looking at and I fell in love with it. Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=922425575

That thing is beautiful!

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    G&L offers various neck sizes...you need to know which neck is on that bass.

3. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Okay. Does anyone happen to know which neck sizes are available?

4. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  5. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Ok... it says the 5-string basses are only available with the #10 neck: 12" radius, 1 3/4" width at the nut. What would that be similar to? Sounds maybe like a 5-string Precision neck.... ?

6. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    All G&L fivers have the same neck. Neck options are only available for four strings.

Compared to a SR5, it would feel a little chunkier, but not baseball bat Warwick like. I used one as my main bass for a couple of years. My other regular player at the time was an MIA JD5. They were not awefully different.

I would call it a standard "D" neck. Think Fender P bass in a five string version.

Chas

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    BTW, that is a very sweet looking L2500.

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    For what its worth, I like the neck on mine even though Im not positive what its comparable to.

Peace
    Nick