Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

G & L ASAT Bass for Sale/Trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ojthesimpson, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    This is an awesome bass, I just recorded a cd with it and couldn't be happier with the tone... unfortunately I'm a real small guy and can't perform with such a long neck! I can hardly reach the first and second frets. So I'm looking to trade this and get something with less neck rech. I want an G & L L-2000 or a good condition Fender P-Bass / jazz Bass (passive only). I will also sell it for $700 + shipping.
    This bass was made in 2000 and is in Blue Burst with a rosewood neck, swampash body and would be in MINT condition if it didn't have minor oxidation on the pick ups (doesnt effect the sound at all.) I can send pictures to emails, I'll upload pictures as soon as Im home
    peter@jex.org

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I could be wrong, but I believe that the P's, jazz's and L-2000's all have a 34" scale just like your ASAT, so they won't be helping you. You may have to look for a 32" scale bass...

3. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    If you played an ASAT you'd know the difference. Look where the strap attaches, I have to bring the neck almost to my face to reach the top frets. I've never had that problem with Pbass's Jazz's or L2000's
    [​IMG]

4. I believe the problem/difficulty he is experiencing is a result of the telecaster style body of the ASAT. The lack of an upper horn means the neck is pushed a few inches extra to the left, thus, making the reach longer.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

My fault guys. Never played an ASAT (I have a US L-2500 quilted blue burst though that is SWEET!!!). Good luck. Here is your free bump! :bassist:

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    pm sent

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    So Peter ? You out there ?

8. kaboom133

kaboom133