1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G & L ASAT Bass for Sale/Trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by ojthesimpson, Mar 21, 2005.

1. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    This is an awesome bass, I just recorded a cd with it and couldn't be happier with the tone... unfortunately I'm a real small guy and can't perform with such a long neck! I can hardly reach the first and second frets. So I'm looking to trade this and get something with less neck rech. I want an G & L L-2000 or a good condition Fender P-Bass / jazz Bass (passive only). I will also sell it for $700 + shipping.
    This bass was made in 2000 and is in Blue Burst with a rosewood neck, swampash body and would be in MINT condition if it didn't have minor oxidation on the pick ups (doesnt effect the sound at all.) I can send pictures to emails, I'll upload pictures as soon as Im home
    peter@jex.org

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I could be wrong, but I believe that the P's, jazz's and L-2000's all have a 34" scale just like your ASAT, so they won't be helping you. You may have to look for a 32" scale bass...

3. ojthesimpson

ojthesimpson

Jul 21, 2003
    Draper, UT
    If you played an ASAT you'd know the difference. Look where the strap attaches, I have to bring the neck almost to my face to reach the top frets. I've never had that problem with Pbass's Jazz's or L2000's
    [​IMG]

4. I believe the problem/difficulty he is experiencing is a result of the telecaster style body of the ASAT. The lack of an upper horn means the neck is pushed a few inches extra to the left, thus, making the reach longer.

5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

My fault guys. Never played an ASAT (I have a US L-2500 quilted blue burst though that is SWEET!!!). Good luck. Here is your free bump! :bassist:

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    pm sent

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    So Peter ? You out there ?

8. kaboom133

kaboom133